PRINCETON, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Heartland Payment Systems (NYSE: HPY), one of the nation’s largest payment processors, today announced it has acquired privately held Digital Dining, a provider of restaurant point-of-sale (POS) and management systems throughout the United States. The acquisition allows Heartland to help restaurants turn their POS system into a secure commerce center as it collaborates with other operations including payroll, marketing and loyalty programs.
Headquartered in Springfield, Virginia, Digital Dining offers restaurants the convenience of a handheld POS on an iPad, iPhone, iPod and iPad Mini in a hybrid environment with conventional fixed terminals. Digital Dining is also used by restaurateurs for table management, delivery, reservations, labor scheduling, inventory and loyalty programs.
- With this acquisition of Digital Dining, Heartland advances its strategy of growing its commerce segment. Previously, the company acquired pcAmerica and Dinerware in February 2015 and XPIENT Solutions and LiquorPOS in 2014. The company will continue seeking profitable acquisitions to support its strategy.
- Digital Dining, together with Heartland’s existing POS businesses of pcAmerica, Dinerware, XPIENT Solutions, LiquorPOS and other Heartland solutions, comprise Heartland Commerce. This segment delivers leading-edge, secure POS solutions, payments processing capabilities and other adjacent business service applications, initially serving the hospitality and retail industries.
- Heartland has more than 100,000 customer locations using its Heartland Commerce software.
- With more than 130,000 restaurant merchant relationships, Heartland has approximately 18 percent share of the entire restaurant market, including close to 24 percent share of table service restaurants, according to CHD Expert.
- From payroll to gift cards and loyalty to card processing to POS solutions, Heartland has rapidly expanded its restaurant vertical business, supported by the endorsements of 45 state restaurant associations, the Council of State Restaurants Associations and the National Restaurant Association.
- Heartland will substantially retain all Digital Dining employees and they will join the Heartland Commerce business group.
- Menusoft, Digital Dining’s first product, was introduced in the U.S. in 1984. The first Digital Dining POS system was installed that same year at a Washington D.C. tavern with three workstations.
Robert O. Carr, chairman and CEO, Heartland
“Digital Dining strengthens Heartland’s obligation to providing our customers with one of the industry’s largest set of commerce solutions that are effective, transparent and open to partners in all business segments who shun deceptive pricing tactics. Integrating Digital Dining into the Heartland organization allows us to gain operational synergies, substantially grow our commerce footprint, and continue our leadership in exceeding our customers’ requirement of superior services and products including Heartland Secure™, Heartland Secure Out-of-Scope solution and our comprehensive breach warranty.”
Graham Granger, president, Digital Dining
“The future of Digital Dining is now backed by the strength of Heartland’s industry-leading restaurant products and services, allowing us to better serve our existing restaurateurs while enhancing Heartland’s comprehensive suite of commerce products and services for restaurants. We are thrilled to be part of such a vibrant organization and welcome the opportunity to add value for Heartland and its commerce business.”
- [Photo] Robert O. Carr, chairman and CEO, Heartland
- [Infographic] Heartland: A full menu of secure solutions
- [Video] Heartland Secure - Complete Payment Processing Security
- [Video] Why It’s Best to be Out-of-Scope
- [Video] Are you at risk for cybercrime?
- Read about Digital Dining.
- Read about Heartland.
- Read about Heartland Commerce.
- Read about CHD Expert.
- For more information about Heartland’s news and activities, follow the company via Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Facebook and YouTube.
Tags/Keywords: commerce, payment processing, payments, point-of-sale, POS, Heartland Secure, security, out-of-scope, breach warranty, payroll, restaurants, Heartland Payment Systems, Heartland, Heartland Commerce, Digital Dining, pcAmerica, Dinerware, XPIENT Solutions, LiquorPOS, Robert O. Carr, Graham Granger, CHD Expert
RSS Feed for Heartland News Releases http://www.snl.com/irweblinkx/rss/prfeed.aspx?iid=4094417
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE: HPY), one of the largest payment processors in the United States, delivers credit/debit/prepaid card processing and security technology through Heartland Secure™ and its comprehensive breach warranty. Heartland also offers point of sale, mobile commerce, e-commerce, marketing solutions, payroll solutions, and related business solutions and services to more than 300,000 business and educational locations nationwide.
A FORTUNE 1000 company, Heartland is the founding supporter of the Merchant Bill of Rights, a public advocacy initiative that educates merchants about fair credit and debit card processing practices. Heartland also established the Sales Professional Bill of Rights to advocate for the rights of sales professionals everywhere.