DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ns57wm/polypropylene) has announced the addition of the "Polypropylene (PP) Resin Market (2014-2020):By Grade (Homopolymer, High crystalline, Copolymer), By Application (Packaging, Transportation, Electrical & Electronics, Material handling, Furniture, Medical, Laboratory and others) & By Geography" report to their offering.
The market for polypropylene resins is one of the most important and growing markets in the plastic and polymer industrial sector. The polypropylene resins are used in a wide array of industries and each industry requires thermoplastics with enhanced high performance attributes.
China, followed by the U.S. is the largest consumer of polypropylene with around 25% share in the global polypropylene consumption. The increased demand of polypropylene is arising from APAC countries with increasing usage of polypropylene to substitute materials such as paper, metal, glass and wood. This will positively drive the global market for polypropylene resins in the years to come. However, the volatility in the prices of raw materials needed to produce polypropylene resins poses a challenge to the growth of the market.
The usage of resins, especially polypropylene in the medical industry is primarily for consumables and disposable items. It is estimated that in 2015, the global resin market would be dominated by polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins which occupy about 35% of the global resins market catering for disposable medical supplies. Polypropylene resins follow PVC resins with 28% estimated market share in 2015.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Global Polypropylene Resin Market Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Polypropylene Resin Market Landscape
4. Global Polypropylene Resin Market - Market Forces
5. Global Polypropylene Resin Market - Strategic Analysis
6. Global Polypropylene Resin Market - By Grade
7. Global Polypropylene Resin Market - By Application
8. Global Polypropylene Resin Market - By Geography
9. Market Entropy
10. Company Profiles
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- HMC Polymers Co., Ltd.
- The Dow Chemical Company
- LyondellBasell Industries
- BASF SE
- E.Idu Pont de Nemours
- Dynachem Co Ltd.
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, LLC.
- K Polymers, Inc.
- Scott Bader Company Limited
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- Wellman Engineering Resins LLC
- MRC Polymers
- Lotte Chemical Corporation
- Marco Polo International, Inc.
- Washington Penn Plastic Co., Inc.
- Hoehn Plastics, Inc.
- Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Celanese Corporation
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ns57wm/polypropylene