STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated (NYSE:HAR), the premier connected technologies company for automotive, consumer and enterprise markets, unveils the JBL Pulse 2, a wireless, splashproof speaker that transforms any space into a party through a captivating light display.
The latest addition to JBL’s growing family of splashproof portable speakers, JBL Pulse 2 gives music lovers powerful sound anywhere, anytime. JBL’s splashproof portables include the Clip+, Charge 2+, Flip 3, Pulse 2 and Xtreme, and seamlessly stream songs from your smartphones or tablets. Whether relaxing on the beach, camping on a mountainside or unwinding at home, JBL portable speakers elevate the experience through immersive audio.
With sensational sound and synchronized flashes of vivid, full-color light, the JBL Pulse 2 intensifies music anytime, anywhere. Listeners can wirelessly stream songs from any smart device and watch the glow of the Pulse 2 as it illuminates the room or evening sky to the rhythms of their favorite hits. To elevate and personalize the LED lightshow experience, the Pulse 2 features the JBL Prism color sensor lens. By pointing the lens at any desired color, the Pulse 2 will match the shade selected, amplifying the colors of life.
The Pulse 2’s high-quality stereo sound, splash proof design and 10 hours of playtime make it the perfect party companion. Pulse 2 also features a noise and echo cancelling speakerphone for crystal clear calls. Its JBL Connect technology can wirelessly link multiple JBL Connect-enabled speakers together to amplify the listening experience. For those looking for the pinnacle of personalization at the tip of their fingers, the JBL Connect app lets users further customize the lightshow and configure JBL Connect settings. Download the JBL Connect app to unlock even more interactive features waiting to be discovered on the JBL Pulse 2.
“Pulse 2 is the second generation of one of our best-selling portable products, and it will change the way people listen to music,” said Michael Mauser, president, Lifestyle Audio Division, HARMAN. “The flicker of vibrant lights in perfect synch with the music adds a new, mesmerizing dimension to the listening experience, and now we’re bringing the ability to personalize the lightshow that people absolutely love.”
The JBL Pulse 2 Features
- Wirelessly connect up to 3 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns playing music with sensational sound
- Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery supports up to 10 hours of playtime with music and lightshow.
- Take calls from your speaker with a touch of a button - crystal clear thanks to the noise and echo cancelling speakerphone
- Customizable lightshow visualizes user’s favorite tracks or sets the atmosphere using its ambient lighting
- Allows music lovers to use the speaker in the rain and the great outdoors with its rugged and splashproof design
- Build your own ecosystem by connecting multiple JBL Connect enabled speakers together to amplify the listening experience
- Provides a richer bass option with its dual external passive radiators
- The JBL Prism color sensor lens enables users to add more colors to the palate by simply pointing and shooting the lens at the desired color and the Pulse 2 will adapt its lightshow to the shade chosen
- Customize your lightshow experience and configure your JBL Connect settings, all at the tip of your fingers with the JBL Connect App
Pricing and Availability
The JBL Pulse 2 will be available globally, in-stores and at www.jbl.com/Pulse2 in September 2015 (MSRP $199.95).
As the leader in revolutionary sound, JBL continues to push audio boundaries through innovation and personalized sound technology. The JBL brand offers unprecedented wireless speaker performance for authentic audio experience.
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems; audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and connected services. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. The Company's software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 27,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia and reported sales of $6.2 billion during the 12 months ended June 30, 2015. The Company’s shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol NYSE:HAR.
© 2015 HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated. All rights reserved. Harman Kardon, JBL, Lexicon, Infinity, and Mark Levinson are trademarks of HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated, registered in the United States and/or other countries. Features, specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice.