DANVERS, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NeuroLogica, a subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd, announced that the Samsung GC85A Digital Radiography (DR) system has received 510(k) FDA clearance, paving the way for its availability in the US market. The GC85A is the latest expansion of Samsung’s growing DR portfolio, which also includes the mobile digital GM60A, the U-arm digital GU60A, and the ceiling digital GC80.
Samsung’s DR systems combine advanced imaging technology, award-winning design and user-friendly automated workflows to meet the demands of 21st century radiology departments. The Samsung GC85A is a ceiling digital X-ray system that offers streamlined workflows, diagnostic confidence and improved total cost of ownership. Key features include:
- S-Vue imaging engine – provides dependable and accurate diagnoses in various conditions with reliably clear images, enhanced sharpness and clarity, and adjustable contrast presets.
- Wireless, lightweight S-Detector with high DQE and a portable grid – displays the patient’s body structure clearly and easily without increasing dose.
- Smart Control – enables the operator to precisely position the entire system with one touch of the control panel’s buttons. The user can move a motorized, tilting receptor with a remote control from -20 to 90 degrees to various areas such as skulls or hands with no need for a table.
- S-Align –provides precise alignment for exceptional imaging. S-Align displays the detector’s angle to the THU to enhance image quality during free exams. When the THU and detector are within a certain radius, the angle can be automatically fitted.
- Smart Stitching – eliminates the need for the patient to stand for long periods of consecutive shooting. Plus, a stitched image supports diagnostic clarity more than separated images.
- S-Share Compatibility – S-Detectors are compatible with Samsung DR Systems, so when a detector is discharged, it can be used with detectors from other compatible Samsung DR equipment. Various detector configurations support unique clinical needs and continuous care.
“The Samsung GC85A represents NeuroLogica’s latest commitment to introducing user- and patient-centric innovation to healthcare to provide fast, easy and accurate diagnoses, ” said David Webster, Vice President of Global Sales & Chief Marketing Officer at NeuroLogica. “The system’s superior image quality and ease of control will enable users to experience a new level of efficiency with a DR system designed for streamlined operation.”
To learn more about NeuroLogica and its line of advanced imaging products, please visit www.neurologica.com.
NeuroLogica, a subsidiary of Samsung Electronics America Inc., brings the power of innovative imaging to your patients. With a strong foundation of expertise in CT design, development and manufacturing, NeuroLogica transforms fixed CT technologies into portable platforms. CereTom®, the first portable CT was launched in 2005. CereTom was designed specifically for brain imaging in critical situations. In 2009, inSPira HD®, a portable SPECT was added to the portfolio bringing SPECT imaging to the bedside. In 2011, using their core imaging expertise, NeuroLogica launched BodyTom®, a full body 32-slice CT scanner with an 85cm gantry. Today, NeuroLogica’s imaging technologies are used in intensive care units, neurosurgical operating rooms, emergency departments, stroke centers and clinics in of many of the top global healthcare institutions. For more information, please see visit www.NeuroLogica.com.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies, redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, printers, medical equipment, network systems, and semiconductor and LED solutions. We are also leading in the Internet of Things space through, among others, our Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives. We employ 307,000 people across 84 countries with annual sales of US $196 billion. To discover more, please visit our official website at www.samsung.com and our official blog at global.samsungtomorrow.com.