FREMONT, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today Themis Computer® announced the eight drive, RES-XR5-1U rack mounted server. Designed for converged infrastructure deployments, the SWAP-ready, RES-XR5-1U-8D features two E5-2600 v3 Series Intel® Xeon® processors with up to fourteen cores per socket, 512 GB DDR4 ECC memory, eight removable 2.5 inch SATA or SAS disk drives, and two expansion slots in a 20 inch depth chassis.
The RES-XR5-1U rack mounted server is designed for rugged scalable deployment of server-virtualized workloads, including Virtual Desktop integration. With 512 GB of memory and up to 32 terabytes of SSD storage, over 100 virtual machines and virtual containers can be supported by one RES-XR5-1U system. This server can be easily added to a mobile data center to quickly grow compute and storage capacity. Coupled with the high availability features of virtualization software, multiple servers offer a fault resilient infrastructure able to survive power failure, disk failure and other infrastructure faults.
Themis RES servers are an attractive solution for programs where Size, Weight, and Power (SWAP), modular maintainability, and reliability, availability, and serviceability (RAS) are essential considerations.
“As companies transition to highly virtualized data centers, they deploy, and effectively use thousands of server (and/or desktop) application instances in a virtual environment. When combined with open source Linux virtualization, container virtualization, VMware EVO, Microsoft Server, and other Themis partner solutions, the RES-XR5-1U, 8-drive server provides a simple, elegant, and high-performance solution for scaling rugged data center applications.”
RES-XR5 Server Features
- Up to two E5-2600 V3 Series Intel® Xeon® processors with up to fourteen cores per socket
- Up to 512 GB DDR4 ECC
- Up to two PCIe 3.0 16X full size card
- Windows® and Linux® application support
- IPMI v2.0 support
- Fully compatible with popular virtualization technologies including VMware and Citrix XenServer
- Operating temperature range: 0°C to 50°C
- Extended temperature range: -15°C – 65°C *
- Operating shock: 3 axis, 35g, 25ms
- Operating vibration: 4.76 Grms, 5Hz to 2000Hz (SSD)
- Operating humidity: 8% to 95% non-condensing
- MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-901D, and MIL-STD-167-1 (MIL-STD-461 options available)
- Height: 1U or 1.75 inches (44.45 mm)
- Width: 17 inches (432 mm)
- Depth: 20 inches (508 mm)
- Typical Weight: 20 pounds (9.1 kg)
- Removable fans (6)
Power supply options
- Single or redundant 110/220 VAC (50/60Hz, 400Hz)
- Single or redundant 18-36 VDC, 32 Amp
- Single or redundant 36-72 VDC, 18 Amp
- Hot pluggable disk drives (8)
* Themis designs all products to meet or exceed listed data sheet specifications. However, some specifications are configuration dependent. Please contact the factory.
Pricing and Availability
The RES-XR5-1U-8D rack mounted server is available for immediate delivery. Product specifications are available at www.themis.com/res-xr5. Please contact Themis for more information, configuration options, and pricing.
Upcoming Themis Events
Themis will demonstrate a range of Themis Computer product solutions in Booth 656 at the Department of Defense Intelligence Information Systems (DoDIIS) Worldwide Conference at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio, Texas on August 23-26, 2015. Themis will also be exhibiting in U.S. Pavilion, Booth N5-219 at DSEI in Excel London on September 15-18, 2015. Themis representatives look forward to speaking to you about your current and future computing requirements. Additionally you can set a demonstration appointment at http://www.themis.com/events.
About Themis Computer
Themis combines industry leadership, high-performance computing, and advanced thermal and mechanical design expertise to deliver reliable, rugged standards-based and custom embedded computing solutions for OEMs, systems integrators, and application providers. Themis has a diverse product portfolio that includes board-level computers, rack mounted servers, bladed server systems, tactical systems, small form factor systems, and storage appliances. Themis is committed to building products that achieve a superior balance between standard commercial technology and resiliency, to keep mission-critical applications available in the most demanding environments. Themis provides open standards-based embedded computing platforms that support popular operating systems. Themis products incorporate features that ensure high reliability and availability while reducing the risks of failure caused by extreme environments. Themis Computer is an ISO 9001 certified company that practices Total Quality Management (TQM) in all areas of its business, from engineering and manufacturing to customer service. Themis Computer is headquartered in Fremont, California and offers worldwide service and support. For more information please visit www.themis.com.