ORLANDO, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--IndependenceIT, an integrated workspace automation software platform provider allowing IT departments, service providers and ISVs to easily deliver workspaces, applications and desktops as a service, today announced general availability of its latest generation Cloud Workspace® Suite software featuring enhanced capabilities. New features include universal and fully automated RemoteApp server role deployment and configuration; multi-application delivery with Microsoft RemoteApp; RemoteApp data layer and corporate shared file structure access, and fully automated RemoteApp application collection entitlements for end-users. The announcement is being made at the 2015 Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference in Orlando.
Cloud Workspace Suite now offers the ability to use existing Remote Desktop Session Host (RDSH) licensing to deliver single application or seamless application collections, remote desktop application suites, or any combination of these use cases, based on user need. The user entitlements are managed through the Cloud Workspace Suite control plane to select which applications the user is entitled to, and which presentation methods are provided for end user interaction. Cloud Workspace RemoteApp automation and workflow simplifies application publishing and extends one-click application delivery of all business applications, expanding RemoteApp’s capabilities far beyond mere office productivity apps. Once RemoteApp Delivery is selected for a customer, all application entitlements automatically follow to the end user, whether connecting via Remote Desktop or RemoteApp presentation.
Cloud Workspace Suite offers several new features in addition to enhanced RemoteApp support, including:
- Connectivity to the corporate shared drive data and file structures where folder permissions and security can be centrally managed;
- Significant enhancements to the application programming interface (API) to integrate workflow and automation management;
- Comprehensive activity logging that provides real time information as clients, workspaces, and server resources are added or modified. Partners can utilize this information stream to trigger automated workflows, application installs/configurations, or administrative and end customer notifications;
- Enhanced workspace management functions that include workspace server cloning, workflow task tracking, and comprehensive client, workspace, server, and resource allocation reporting;
- Cloud Workspace Suite (CWS) v 4.1 also includes significant enhancements to the application programming interface (API) used by partners to integrate workflow and automation management processes with their value added product lines. CWS API now supports comprehensive activity logging that provides a real time stream of information as clients, workspaces, and server resources are added or modified. Partners can utilize this information stream to initiate automated workflows, application installs or configurations, or end customer notifications. In addition, the CWS API also supports enhanced workspace management functions, including workspace server cloning, workflow task tracking, and comprehensive client, workspace, server, and resource allocation reporting.
Cloud Workspace Suite with RemoteApp automation now provides automated Microsoft RemoteApp services configuration and deployment, a unified multi-tenant RemoteApp gateway, Cloud Workspace Suite Global Service Broker Compatibility, HTML5 Gateway Support, and flexible provisioning that allows instant deployment of remote desktops, individual applications or both. The solution also provides a blended solution of RemoteApp and Remote Desktop for Cloud Workspace Suite users, optimized deployment for ISVs and mobile users, and one click user access directly to the native application interface for an optimized local experience.
"RemoteApp implementations that lack comprehensive application management services significant limit the benefits many organizations can obtain from moving to cloud hosted application services," said Simon Bramfitt, Founder and Principal Analyst, Entelechy Associates. "Cloud Workspace Suite removes these limits, increasing the productivity gains that are possible with WaaS/DaaS solutions. The addition of other important features such as entitlements that follow the end user and end-to-end activity logging simplify management for service providers and end users."
"The advantages of migrating business applications to the cloud are now clear, with significant employee productivity gains from greater availability," said Billy Forte, CEO, GetCloud Services. "For organizations with growing remote workforces or distributed operations, Cloud Workspace Suite with RemoteApp support allows for automated deployment of one or more applications, desktops or both across any location or device. With this, users can securely run all important business applications without the restraints of on-premise only systems."
Cloud Workspace Suite is software that allows IT administrators to orchestrate, manage and provision all elements necessary for automated, multi-platform, hypervisor/device agnostic workspaces, applications and desktops as a service. The solution has been designed for infrastructure and hypervisor independence and features industry-leading automation and interoperability for ease-of-use. The solution also offers a robust API for ease of integration with existing customer infrastructure and business support tools. With this platform, IT service providers and administrators select their preferred cloud infrastructure for globally accessible workspaces across single or multiple clouds matched to business requirements.
“Cloud Workspace Suite provides Windows RemoteApp users with the same look and feel as local applications, but goes much further,” said Seth Bostock, CEO, IndependenceIT. “We have simplified the complexity around app deployment, system compatibility and entitlement controls to fully empower organizations through automation and enhanced workflows.”
Tweet This: @IndependenceIT Powers Microsoft RemoteApp Delivery with New Cloud Workspace Suite at Microsoft WPC – http://goo.gl/CAYbv7 #DaaS
Contact IndependenceIT Today to Schedule a Free Demo at: http://www.independenceit.com/contact-us
Follow IndependenceIT on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/independenceIT
Visit IndependenceIT at: http://www.independenceIT.com
IndependenceIT provides an integrated software platform that allows IT departments, service providers and ISVs to easily deliver workspaces, applications and desktop as a service from any cloud infrastructure to users anywhere, on any device. The company’s Cloud Workspace Suite combines application, end-user and infrastructure management into a seamless, easy-to-manage platform, with a unified management interface and robust API for ease of integration with existing systems, simplifying deployment and increasing responsiveness. Contact IndependenceIT at 888-299-4552 or visit www.independenceit.com
*A trademark or tradename of Microsoft®.