DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vgtgl9/life_insurance_in) has announced the addition of the "Life Insurance in Switzerland, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018" report to their offering.
'Life Insurance in Switzerland, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2018' report provides detailed analysis of the market trends, drivers, challenges in the Swiss life insurance segment. It provides key performance indicators such as written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions during the review period (2009-2013) and forecast period (2013-2018). The report also analyzes distribution channels operating in the segment, and provides detailed information on the competitive landscape in the country.
The report brings together research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on segment dynamics and competitive advantages, and profiles of insurers operating in the country. The report also includes details of insurance regulations, and recent changes in regulatory structure.
- Life insurance was the largest segment in the Swiss insurance industry in 2013, accounting for 53.2% of the industry's gross written premium.
- A personal and occupational pension is mandatory in Switzerland under the Swiss social security system.
- The life insurance segment is highly concentrated, with the top five insurers accounting for 82.2% of the segment's gross written premium in 2013.
- Increasing life expectancy and the aging population contributed to the growth of individual whole life insurance policies during the review period.
- Group superannuation insurance was the largest category, accounting for 74.5% of the segment's gross written premium in 2013.
- In October 2013, Switzerland's Federal Council increased the interest rates of occupational pension plans from 1.5% in 2013 to 1.75% in 2014.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Key Facts and Events
2 Executive Summary
4 Swiss Insurance Industry Attractiveness
5 Life Insurance Outlook
6 Analysis by Distribution Channel
7 Governance, Risk and Compliance
8 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
- Axa Leben AG
- Swiss Life AG
- Helvetia Schweizerische Lebensversicherungsgesellschaft AG
- Basler Leben AG
- Allianz Suisse Lebensversicherungs-Gesellschaft AG
- Zürich Lebensversicherungs-Gesellschaft AG
- Generali Personenversicherungen AG
- Schweizerische Mobiliar Lebensversicherungs-Gesellschaft AG
- Pax, Schweizerische Lebensversicherungs-Gesellschaft AG
- Lombard International Assurance S.A.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vgtgl9/life_insurance_in