LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--EY today announced the finalists for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2015 Awards in Greater Los Angeles. The awards program recognizes entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. These business leaders were selected by an independent panel of judges. Award recipients will be announced at a black-tie Awards Gala on Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, CA.
Collectively, these 24 finalist companies employ close to 17,000 people. On average, they have increased their workforce by more than 63% and have grown their revenues by 81% over the last two years. The average revenues earned by the finalist companies in the most recent fiscal year were $97 million.
To see the full list of finalists and purchase tickets for the Awards Gala, please visit our website: www.ey.com/us/eoy/greaterla. Please join us in congratulating these inspiring leaders on social media using #EOYGLA.
The finalists are:
- 24Hr HomeCare | David Allerby, Co-Founder & CEO, Tyner Brenneman-Slay, Co-Founder & COO, and Ryan Iwamoto, Co-Founder & CMO | El Segundo, CA
- Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza | Elise Wetzel, Co-Founder & Co-CEO, and Richard Wetzel, Co-Founder & Co-CEO | Pasadena, CA
- Dollar Shave Club | Michael Dubin, Founder & CEO | Venice, CA
- Kilroy Realty Corporation | John Kilroy, CEO, Chairman & President | Los Angeles, CA
- Landmark Dividend LLC | Jeffrey J. Knyal, CEO | El Segundo, CA
- MediaAlpha | Steve Yi, Co-Founder & CEO | Los Angeles, CA
- Movement for Life | Dr. James Glinn, Jr., Founder | San Luis Obispo, CA
- Onestop Internet | John Tomich, Co-Founder & CEO | Compton, CA
- Pacifica Hotel Company | Matt Marquis, CEO & President | Santa Barbara, CA
- PackIt LLC | Melissa Kieling, Co-Founder & CEO | Westlake Village, CA
- Partner Engineering and Science, Inc. | Joseph Derhake, CEO | Torrance, CA
- Prime Focus Worldwide | Namit Malhotra, Founder, Global CEO & Executive Chairman | Los Angeles, CA
- REVOLVE | Mike Karanikolas, Co-Owner & Co-CEO, and Michael Mente, Co-Owner & Co-CEO | Cerritos, CA
- SADA Systems Inc. | Tony Safoian, CEO & President | North Hollywood, CA
- Scopely | Walter Driver, Co-Founder & CEO | Culver City, CA
- Seven Lakes Technologies | Shiva Rajagopalan, CEO | Westlake Village, CA
- SGN | Chris DeWolfe, CEO | Beverly Hills, CA
- Spokeo | Harrison Tang, CEO | Pasadena, CA
- SteelHouse Inc. | Mark Douglas, CEO & President | Culver City, CA
- StyleHaul | Stephanie Horbaczewski, CEO & President | Los Angeles, CA
- TaskUs | Bryce Maddock, Co-Founder & CEO, and Jaspar Weir, Co-Founder & President | Santa Monica, CA
- The Trade Desk | Jeff Green, Co-Founder & CEO, and Dave Pickles, Co-Founder & CTO | Ventura, CA
- TruConnect | Matthew Johnson, Co-CEO, and Nathan Johnson, Co-CEO & Chairman | Los Angeles, CA
- Western University of Health Sciences | Dr. Philip Pumerantz, Founding President | Pomona, CA
Now in its 29th year, the program has expanded to recognize business leaders in over 145 cities in 60 countries throughout the world.
Regional award recipients are eligible for consideration for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year national program. Award recipients in several national categories, as well as the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall National Award recipient, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, California on November 14, 2015. The US Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall Award recipient then moves on to compete for the World Entrepreneur Of The Year Award in Monaco, June 2016. Additionally, venture-backed companies that win an Entrepreneur Of The Year Award regionally are also eligible for the Venture Capital Award of Excellence at the national level. The awards are the culminating event of the EY Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are sponsored nationally by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation and SAP America. In Greater Los Angeles, regional sponsors include: Platinum sponsors: Marsh, Merrill Datasite, Scherzer International, Smart Business, Tangram and Union Bank. Silver sponsors: Acacia Wealth Advisors, Ballard Spahr, Cresa, and Vaco Los Angeles.
About EY Entrepreneur Of The Year®
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 145 cities in more than 60 countries.
About EY’s Strategic Growth Markets practice
EY’s Strategic Growth Markets (SGM) practice guides leading high-growth companies. Our multidisciplinary teams of elite professionals provide perspective and advice to help our clients accelerate market leadership. SGM delivers assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services to thousands of companies spanning all industries. EY is the undisputed leader in taking companies public, advising key government agencies on the issues impacting high-growth companies and convening the experts who shape the business climate. For more information, please visit us at ey.com/us/strategicgrowthmarkets, or follow news on Twitter @EY_Growth.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization and may refer to one or more of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young LLP, an EY member firm serving clients in the US.