CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Radiant Logic (www.radiantlogic.com), market-leading provider of a virtualization-based federated identity service, today announced at the 2015 HIMSS Annual Conference in Chicago, RadiantOne, including VDS and the Cloud Federation Service (CFS), a highly scalable, multi-tenant identity framework for large enterprises, offers a complete federated identity service, securing access to cloud-based applications for many healthcare organizations facing merger, acquisition, and consolidation challenges. RadiantOne provides a common identity service to support single sign-on and web access management (WAM) for critical customer-facing applications.
“Over the next 18 months, we will see accelerated investment in technology that improves consolidation and processing of medical information to enable better coordination and care management. Cloud, mHealth, and big data are the most fertile areas for this investment.” (Forrester Research, Predictions 2015: The BT Agenda Underpins Healthcare Transformation, November 2014)
The changing nature of the healthcare industry has made it increasingly difficult to secure access to mission-critical applications, whether they’re in the enterprise, on the web, or in the cloud. As consolidations, mergers, and acquisitions become the new normal in the healthcare sector, and healthcare organizations face considerable diversity in their IT infrastructures, a solution that can leverage identity across all local systems, for global initiatives, is necessary. In such complex, hybrid environments, identity must be carefully managed as regulatory compliance is critical.
By turning disparate, fragmented identity infrastructures into one logical identity provider, RadiantOne simplifies the process of federation and single sign-on for cloud applications. CFS, in its latest iteration v 3.5, identifies users, routes and authenticates against the local sources, and collects attributes from multiple data stores to build security tokens that meet the unique needs of each Service Provider (SP) or Relying Party (RP).
With CFS, enterprises can build a secure federated infrastructure, offering single sign on and a common access management point that connects all internal identity and authentication sources to the growing world of cloud and federated web applications.
“RadiantOne VDS is the key engine used by many organizations in the Healthcare space to consolidate and federate their identity and provide a common service for accessing cloud and web applications,” said Michel Prompt, CEO at Radiant Logic. “Coupled with CFS, VDS can provide SSO to cloud and federated applications when users are stored in the widest range of repositories from AD to Oracle/SUN directories or SQL databases. CFS extends access to applications such as Office 365 or those supported on Microsoft Azure and makes it easier for organizations who have identities in a variety of local stores, to manage those identities globally.”
The Latest version of RadiantOne CFS + VDS:
- Provides a multi-tenant service allowing enterprises to host third-party identity data on premises. This offers access to user populations stored in a variety of repositories and turns the healthcare enterprise into an IdP.
- Enables authentication from social networks such as Facebook and Twitter, as well as Google Apps, PayPal, and many other additional identity providers.
- Authenticates via a number of protocols including SAML, WS-Federation and Trust, OAuth 2.0, and OpenID Connect.
- Offers two-form factor authentication, making it more difficult for hackers to access an account using only a password.
- Delivers SSO both inside and outside the firewall, so users can sign on securely from remote locations and still access all their applications.
- Allows tenants to easily manage users and groups through a user-friendly interface and allows users to self-register.
- Offers more security with Level of Assurance (LOA) and Circle of Trust features adding additional layers of access control and enabling authorization decisions based on the levels you assign to authentication methods, applications, and locations.
- More self-service features for the user such as a request for access.
About Radiant Logic
As the market-leading provider of federated identity systems based on virtualization, Radiant Logic delivers simple, logical, and standards-based access to all identity within an organization. The RadiantOne federated identity service enables customizable identity views built from disparate data silos, driving critical authentication and authorization decisions for WAM, federation, and cloud deployments. Fortune 1000 companies, including General Electric, McDonald’s, Wells Fargo, Monsanto, Deere & Co., and Intel, rely on RadiantOne to deliver quick ROI by reducing administrative effort, simplifying integration, and building a flexible infrastructure to meet changing business demands. For more information, visit www.radiantlogic.com.