PITTSBURGH--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Confluence, a global leader in data-driven managed investment solutions, today announced it has enhanced its flagship Unity Performance solution to provide additional options for institutional portfolio returns and performance analytics.
Unity Performance has long been the industry standard for automating daily and monthly mutual fund return calculations. Today the solution is used to calculate fund returns for more than 80 percent of U.S. mutual funds. By expanding to provide support for institutional portfolios and portfolio analytics, Unity Performance eliminates the need to use multiple systems or vendors for performance reporting. The solution automates the calculation of fund, portfolio and composite returns while providing attribution, contribution, and risk and volatility statistics. With over 800 functions available, the solution delivers on even the most complex performance requirements.
By eliminating multiple systems, the solution provides increased accuracy and control over performance reporting across the organization. As a result, portfolio managers can now leverage the industry standard to efficiently and effectively measure and communicate how their investment decision processes have impacted customers’ investment results.
“Asset managers are increasingly focused on defragmenting their technology and data by consolidating vendors and relying on solutions that deliver broad functionality across a global enterprise,” said Paul Soltis, North American Market Manager at Confluence. “By expanding our Unity Performance solution to support returns for both institutional portfolios and retail funds, and to support performance analytics across all asset classes, we are delivering on that need and enabling investment firms to manage enterprise-wide performance calculation, analysis and reporting from a single platform.”
Unity Performance includes the following options:
- Fund Returns calculates and delivers all of the geometric returns required for mutual fund disclosures and marketing, as well as for internal analysis, including load and no load, synthetic, multi-currency, gross of fees, principal only and U.S. after-tax.
- Portfolio Returns provides flexibility to easily calculate portfolio performance returns according to different methodologies such as Money Weighted Return, Time Weighted Return or Modified Dietz.
- Risk & Volatility Statistics enables standard and ad-hoc reports to be automatically created including the most common risk measures and calculations used for external reporting, marketing documents and internal portfolio analysis.
- Contribution enables returns to be broken down through criteria such as sectors, geo zones, currencies and instrument types. Asset managers can compare holdings to indices or model portfolios and identify top contributors and detractors to fund returns.
- Attribution allows any type of attribution to be calculated with various criteria parameters and models, including transaction based, to fit the analysis of each specific type of portfolio or financial instrument, including fixed income and derivatives.
To learn more about Unity Performance, contact Confluence by email at email@example.com or call +1 412 802 8632.
For more than 20 years, the global asset management industry has relied on Confluence to deliver innovative solutions to the industry's toughest data management, automation and regulatory challenges. The unified Confluence platform enables asset managers to consolidate and leverage data across business operations—including the collection, creation, confirmation and delivery of investment product data. Results are lower costs, reduced risk, decreased reporting turnaround times and the scalability to automate more processes without additional resources.
From the Confluence traditional install, hosted and outsourced Unity® platform solutions to our enterprise-grade SaaS enabled Unity NXT platform, Confluence automates critical fund management and administration processes—such as regulatory reporting, financial statement preparation and performance reporting. The platforms feature solutions to support asset managers and a wide array of fund types – including '40 Act mutual funds, ETFs, hedge funds, Canadian mutual funds, and UCITS funds. Seven of the top 10 global service providers license Confluence products and eight of the top 10 global asset managers have business processes automated through Confluence.
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Confluence serves the international fund industry with key locations in Brussels, Dublin, London, Ho Chi Minh City, Luxembourg and San Francisco. For more information, visit www.confluence.com.