DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qx4hn5/global_submarine) has announced the addition of the "Global Submarine Fiber Cable Market 2015-2019" report to their offering.
The Global Submarine Fiber Cable market to grow at a CAGR of 6.99% over the period 2014-2019
A submarine fiber cable with a high-capacity communication capability is an essential wireline communication medium between two continents, countries, or islands. Most submarine fibers use the optical amplification technology to carry high-speed data traffic across geographies. The length of the submarine fiber cable varies over a distance of few kilometers to more than 35,000 kilometers.
Most submarine fiber cable projects take several months or years for completion. Currently, most submarine fiber cables have a capacity of 10-40 Gbps. However, the adoption of 100 Gbps high-speed submarine fiber cables started only after 2010. Because of their high-speed capacity, the fiber cables carry a huge amount of data traffic every day.
Currently, more than 97 percent of global data traffic is carried through submarine fiber cables, with the remaining 3 percent carried through satellite systems.
One key trend upcoming in this market is the up-gradation of the existing submarine cables and the successful testing of 400G cables. With the increasing data traffic and demand for high-speed broadband, the demand for dark fibers is increasing at a significant rate. Hence, most of the submarine fiber cable owners are upgrading the existing the 10G cables to 100G.
According to the report, one of the main drivers in this market is the increased bandwidth demand. The demand for bandwidth is increasing very rapidly because of the growing consumer data traffic and the increasing requirement of bandwidth for international trading.
Further, the report states that one of the major challenges in this market is the delay in project financing. In recent years, some of the long route submarine fiber cable projects have failed to move beyond the planning stage because of the challenges in project financing.
- Alcatel-Lucent Submarine Networks
- Ericsson (Lm) Tel-Sp
- Huawei Marine Networks
- Norddeutsche Seekabelwerke
- Tyco Electronics Subsea Communications
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- List of Abbreviations
- Scope of the Report
- Market Research Methodology
- Technology and Operation of Submarine Fiber Cable Systems
- Market Landscape
- Market Segmentation by Project Type
- Market Segmentation by Project Ownership
- Geographical Segmentation
- Buying Criteria
- Market Growth Drivers
- Drivers and their Impact
- Market Challenges
- Impact of Drivers and Challenges
- Market Trends
- Trends and their Impact
- Vendor Landscape
- Key Vendor Analysis
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qx4hn5/global_submarine