LONG BEACH, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today completed its lineup of 2015 in-dash single CD receivers with the release of the DEH-X8700BH and DEH-X8700BS single-DIN and FH-X820BS double-DIN models. The new CD receivers are designed to complement the smartphone user’s lifestyle with expanded smartphone functionality including Bluetooth® Dual Device Connection, Bluetooth pairing via USB, Wideband Speech Hands-free Profile 1.6, Bluetooth Music Library Browsing (AVRCP 1.5), Android™ Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) and Siri® Eyes Free functionality. Additional features and technologies built into the models include Pandora® Station Creation, new cosmetics and FLAC file playback.
“Accessibility and convenience are everything to today’s smartphone-connected consumers so we’ve designed our CD receivers to complement their lifestyles,” said Ted Cardenas, vice president of marketing for the Car Electronics Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “It’s important that we offer easy integration with smartphone devices, seamless access to popular entertainment sources, and provide the best sound quality.”
SMARTPHONE CONNECTIVITY (All Models)
To meet consumer demand for constant connectivity, the flagship CD receiver models integrate compatibility with many of today’s most popular smartphones1.
BLUETOOTH WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY – The DEH-X8700BH,
DEH-X8700BS, and FH-X820BS feature built-in Bluetooth2
wireless connectivity for convenient hands-free calling as well as
music streaming with compatible Bluetooth enabled devices utilizing
the receiver’s included microphone and the car’s speakers. The new Bluetooth
Dual Device Connection built into all three models allows
users to wirelessly connect two smartphone devices at the same time,
eliminating the need to pair and unpair multiple devices.
To simplify the Bluetooth pairing process with iPhone® devices, the receivers are enabled for Auto Pairing when utilizing a physical USB connection. The user simply connects an iPhone to the Pioneer receiver using an iPhone-to-USB cable and the receiver automatically prompts the user to confirm pairing, eliminating the need to go through the wireless “searching for devices” process.
HFP 1.6 with Wideband Speech – Hands Free Profile (HFP) 1.6 built into the new models significantly increases the frequency bandwidth dedicated to voice calling (now 50Hz - 7kHz) and doubles the sampling frequency (now 16kHz) to produce better sound quality for wireless conversations. Both the caller and call recipient experience clearer and more distinct sound.
Music Library Browsing over Bluetooth (AVRCP 1.5) – Users can now search album content over a wireless connection. iPhone devices can use Bluetooth to search through playlists, artists, songs, and genres. For Android smartphones enabled with Media Transfer Protocol (MTP), users can browse through media folders via folder type3.
- USB CONNECTIVITY – When connected to an iPhone, iPod®, portable USB drive, or Android device via the USB port, users can use basic controls (Play/Pause/FF/Rev/Random/Repeat) and display track, artist and album information. Android devices must run on OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and newer with Android Media Transfer Protocol4.
- SIRI EYES FREE – With a simple press of a key, Pioneer’s DEH-X8700BH, DEH-X8700BS, and FH-X820BS enable users to access Siri Eyes Free.5 When activated, Siri provides voice prompts through the vehicle’s speakers, and the user’s questions and commands are received and transmitted using the external microphone provided with the receiver(s). Siri Eyes Free allows users to make calls, select and play music, hear and compose text messages, get mapping information, listen to notifications, listen to calendar information and add reminders.
ENHANCED ENTERTAINMENT OPTIONS
- PANDORA STATION CREATION – The Pandora Station Creation6 feature on the FH-X820BS enables users to create new Pandora stations while the app is in use with an iPhone device (physical connection required) or compatible Android™ smartphone. Users can create a new Pandora station from the currently playing song or artist by simply pressing and holding a button on the new receiver. The DEH-X8700BH and DEH-X8700BS feature Advanced Pandora Station Creation, which expands source options and enables a user to create a new Pandora station from a currently playing song or artist playing in Pandora as well as HD Radio, SiriusXM, or from a connected iPod.
- MIXTRAX® (all models) – Pioneer continues to include its revolutionary MIXTRAX virtual DJ technology into each receiver model, transforming a music library into a nonstop playlist that delivers a unique DJ-infused listening experience. The MIXTRAX virtual DJ inserts transitions and effects to music played from an iPhone, iPod or USB storage device. For an additional club-like effect, the illumination and display of receivers can be set to pulsate and change color with the tempo and intensity of the music.
- SIRIUSXM RADIO CONNECTIVITY – The DEH-X8700BS and FH-X820BS models include SiriusXM® compatibility with the SXV200 SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner (sold separately, SiriusXM subscription required). The SiriusXM Vehicle Connect Tuner offers a simple, cost-effective solution for adding satellite radio, and Pioneer's receivers include the Tune Start™ and Tune Scan™ features. Tune Start begins playback of the current song from the beginning with each channel change, and Tune Scan allows the user to scan and listen to 6-second samples of songs currently playing on their favorite music channels.
- HD RADIO TECHNOLOGY – The DEH-X8700BH features built-in HD Radio®, providing clear digital reception of HD Radio and additional programming on HD1, HD2 and HD3 broadcasts from participating radio stations across the country.
COSMETIC DESIGN AND FUNCTIONALITY (all models)
Pioneer redesigned the cosmetics of the new receivers starting with a larger screen for a sleeker look and improved visibility and operation. Brightness and illumination were also refined, adding brightness control to each receiver that provides 10-step intensity levels for easier visualization and operation, as well as Dual Zone Color Illumination with more than 210,000 color variations for customization. The DEH-X8700BH, DEH-X8700BS, and FH-X820BS also include an illumination timer that can be set to change dimmer settings automatically at specified times, ideal for vehicles without a dedicated illumination output wire.
For better sound quality and system flexibility the models are built with MOSFET 50W x 4 speaker outputs and three sets of RCA pre-outs. New for 2015, the DEH-X8700BH and DEH-X8700BS models are the first CD receivers in the lineup to support FLAC “lossless” digital audio compatibility for playback of CD-quality files (44.1kHz / 16-bit). FLAC files can be played back from a USB drive.
For more information on the new models, visit www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers.
The new Pioneer single CD receivers will be available October with suggested retail prices of: $200 (DEH-X8700BH), $190 (DEH-X8700BS), and $180 (FH-X820BS).
For more information follow us on:
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets.
Do not use your Pioneer system if doing so will divert your attention in any way from the safe operation of your vehicle. Always observe safe driving rules. In some states certain operations of devices while driving may be illegal. Where such regulations apply, they must be obeyed.
1Additional Pioneer or smartphone accessories may be required and sold separately (see www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers).
2Not all devices allow for Bluetooth Audio Browsing; smartphone device must be compatible with AVRCP 1.4 profile.
3Bluetooth functionality requires a compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. Certain Bluetooth features may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices or by certain wireless carriers.
4Not every USB device is compatible with a Pioneer head unit containing a USB port. Pioneer head units containing a USB port are compatible with USB MSC (Mass Storage Class) devices only, and are not compatible with DRM (Digital Rights Management) content or MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) connection devices. For size and other limitations, please see Owner’s Manual. Unauthorized copying of music or other files is strictly prohibited. Optional USB extension cable is available for use with front USB ports.
5Siri may not be available in all languages or all areas and features may vary by area. Cellular data charges may apply.
6Feature requires compatible receiver and metadata must be available on desired track or artist from which user wants to create station.
PIONEER and MIXTRAX are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
BLUETOOTH is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
IPHONE, IPOD and SIRI are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
ANDROID is a trademark of Google Inc.
PANDORA is a registered trademark of Pandora Media, Inc.
HD RADIO is a proprietary trademark of iBiquity Digital Corporation.
SIRIUSXM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc. and its subsidiaries.