SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--INTEL DEVELOPER FORUM – Alcatel-Lucent*, Lenovo* and Microsoft* captured top honors at the Intel Technology Innovation Accelerated (TIA) Awards, which recognize exceptional use of Intel technology.
Twenty-five demonstrations were selected from a pool of 55 applications to vie for awards in nine categories. A panel of Intel employees selected finalists that displayed innovation in the integration of suites of hardware, software, services and support that creates new capabilities for all facets in people’s lives – focusing on productivity, information and entertainment.
Winners were determined by journalist and analyst votes at the three-day technical conference at Moscone Center.
In addition to the nine category winners, three “Best of Show” winners were selected:
- Lenovo won “Best of Show” in the hardware category with its ThinkPad Helix* 2 in 1.
- Alcatel-Lucent won “Best of Show” in the software and services category with its CloudBand* platform.
- Microsoft won “Best of Show” in the combined solutions group category with its Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 Essentials*.
The categorical winners were:
- Mobile Solution: Lenovo for its ThinkPad Helix, a 2 in 1 that combines the portability of a tablet with the productivity of a laptop. Users rely on five modes to stay productive – tablet, stand, tent, laptop and dock.
- Data Center Solution: Dell* for its PowerEdge R730xd*, a database server with an incredible range of configurability and easy lifecycle manageability.
- Component Solution: Murata Electronics* for its fiber optical transceiver, or FOT module, a solution for Thunderbolt™ data transmission that can be applied to many types of Active Optical Cables, also known as AOC.
Software & Services Group
- Cloud Solution: Alcatel-Lucent for its CloudBand platform for network functions virtualization, also known as NFV. CloudBand Management System and CloudBand Nodes demonstrate single-click deployment and provisioning of an Alcatel-Lucent virtual EPC and vIMS within minutes to create a fully functional LTE network.
- Usage of APIs and SDKs: HyTrust* for its Boundary Controls*, which let organizations proactively control where virtual workloads can run in order to mitigate the risks of data mobility that virtualization and cloud create.
- Most Innovative App: Maxta Inc.* for its MaxDeploy*, the first hyper-converged solution to run on the Intel® Xeon® processor E5 v3. Maxta demonstrated significant improvements over the previous generation of x86 servers in number of I/O transactions per second, read-write latency and the number of Microsoft Exchange* users deployed on a server.
Combined Solutions Group:
- Consumer Solution: HCL Technologies* for its Intel® Galileo-based building automation system (BAS). Using a smartwatch, a building administrator can use HCL’s BAS solution to receive fire, motion and air pollution alerts; control lights and appliances; and monitor temperature, humidity and noise within a building.
- Business Productivity Solution: Microsoft for its Windows Storage Server 2012 R2 Essentials. Small organizations can focus on their core business instead of managing IT and still have access to file storage on any device, protect critical data and make cloud integration possible.
- Industrial Solution: NEXCOM International* for its NIO 100* industrial Internet of Things (IoT) gateway with Intel® Quark technology. NIO 100 is a fanless and cost-efficient solution that collects local data and transmits it to the cloud by 3G, Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
Winners received a trophy to commemorate their TIA award accomplishment. All non-Intel IDF exhibitors and sponsors were eligible for the awards.
About the Intel Developer Forum
IDF is the premier global technology forum for hardware and software developers to confer on Intel-based platforms, technologies and solutions, and the new usage models they enable. Visit www.intel.com/idf for more information.
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world’s computing devices. As a leader in corporate responsibility and sustainability, Intel also manufactures the world’s first commercially available “conflict-free” microprocessors. Additional information about Intel is available at newsroom.intel.com and blogs.intel.com, and about Intel’s conflict-free efforts at conflictfree.intel.com.
Intel, the Intel logo, Quark, Thunderbolt and Xeon are trademarks of
Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.