SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--EnVerv announced today samples availability of its EV8600 dual-modem PLC+RF System on Chip (SoC) targeted at a multitude of Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI), industrial automation and home automation applications.
The EV8600 combines EnVerv’s industry-leading Power Line Communications (PLC) technology operating at 10-500KHZ and a Radio Frequency (RF) modem operating in the range of 142-1050MHz. The EV8600 also includes a powerful applications processor - on which bridging/routing algorithms between the two modems are implemented - and internal flash memory.
“The EV8600 is a perfect vehicle for designers and network planners who would like to combine the best of two PLC and RF worlds to achieve as close to 100% coverage as possible in AMI networks or inside factories and homes,” said Afshin Shaybani, Director of Marketing at EnVerv. “The application processor in EV8600 allows for implementation of various network models such as dual-routes (RF and PLC) from Data Concentrator Units (DCU) to meters for enhanced connectivity, dual-modem meters for simultaneous connection to the DCU and In-Home-Display (IHD) and dual-modem multi-meter kiosks for connectivity to IHD in homes and local under-the-pole RF Hand-Held Unit (HHU).”
The EV8600 will sample to partners in Q4 2014.
- Highly integrated dual-modem SoC comprising a PLC modem and a sub-GHz RF transceiver all in a single chip
- Internal secure Flash memory
- Applications processor with bridging and routing algorithms between PLC and RF modems
- End-to-end solution comprising line driver, AFE, PHY, MAC and network layer
- Multi-standard: G3-PLC, PRIME, P1901.2 and S-FSK
- Multi-band: CENELEC, FCC, ARIB
- Supported standards: 802.15.4g (WiSUN) and Wireless M-Bus
- Complete RF modem comprising RF transceiver, PHY, MAC and network layer
- Frequency range: 142MHz – 1050MHz
Receive sensitivity: –126 dBm
- Modulation: (G)FSK, 4(G)FSK, (G)MSK, OOK
- Maximum output power: +13dBm with external PA support up to +30dBm
- Data rates: 100bps to 1Mbps
EnVerv is a fabless semiconductor company in the United States with headquarters in Milpitas, California and SoC solutions enabling robust and high-speed communications applicable to various grid connectivity markets such as AMI, solar micro-inverters, transformer monitoring, substation communications and lighting networks. For more information visit www.enverv.com.