CAMPBELL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Pay TV Services and Subscribers report, which forecasts and analyzes the cable TV, satellite TV, and telco internet protocol television (IPTV) services markets.
“Telco IPTV operators AT&T, China Telecom, and Deutsche Telekom continue to enjoy strong growth in new subscribers and ARPU, showing that competitive providers with differentiated services can successfully steal share away from incumbent cable operators,” notes Jeff Heynen, principal analyst for broadband access and pay TV at Infonetics Research. “Whether it's an improved user interface, multi-screen video, or even DVR services, there are marked differences that have allowed telcos to grow their subscriber bases at a time when others aren’t.”
PAY-TV MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Worldwide video service revenue, including cable and satellite pay TV and telco IPTV, grew again in the first half of 2013 (1H13), to $110 billion, a 2% uptick over the second half of 2012
- Telco IPTV and satellite revenue continue to rise, thanks to new subscribers and increased ARPU in the critical regions of North America and Western Europe
- Meanwhile, cable revenue market share fell another percent in 1H13, primarily due to a slowdown in subscriber growth in the lucrative North American market, where video subscribers are declining at a pace of 1.5% to 2.5% annually
- DirecTV remains the pay-TV revenue market share leader in 1H13
- By 2017, Infonetics expects the global pay-TV market to hit $270 billion, a 2012–2017 compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of nearly 5%
MULTISCREEN TV WEBINAR
Available on demand: Using Video Gateways to Improve the Multiscreen Experience: http://w.on24.com/r.htm?e=702530&s=1&k=9CA6643FDB2E2992AA78E3D880DAEBCA
PAY-TV REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ biannual pay-TV services and subscribers report provides worldwide and regional market share, market size, forecasts through 2017, analysis, and trends for telco IPTV, analog and digital cable video, and satellite video service revenue, ARPU, and subscribers. Pay-TV providers tracked: Airtel, América Móvil, AT&T, Bell Canada, BSkyB, Cablevision, Canal Digital, CanalSat, Charter, Comcast, Cox, CTC, Deutsche Telekom, DirecTV, DISH Network, France Télécom, Kabel Deutschland, KPN, KT, LG, Oi, Shaw, Sky Mexico, Tata Sky, Telefónica, Time Warner Cable, UPC Broadband, Verizon, Virgin Media, others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED PAY TV RESEARCH
- Latest Infonetics Pay TV research brief: http://bit.ly/1i2dBRW
- Pay-TV providers sweat legacy assets while gearing up for ultra-definition TV
- As operators strive for “zero touch networks,” optimization/self-organizing market grows
- $8.5 billion to be spent on carrier WiFi equipment over next 5 years
- Service provider capex increasing 6% in 2013, ignited by BRICs; revenue to hit $2 trillion
- Infonetics pay-TV database confirms IPTV and cable TV subscribers on opposite trajectories
- Gains in Asia and Latin America STB markets won’t offset declines in N. America, W. Europe
- IPTV upstarts in Brazil, Russia, Europe winning subscribers from incumbents
- Over-the-top home automation services gaining popularity with service providers
RECENT & UPCOMING MARKET RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com,
N. America (East), Midwest, L. America: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3395
EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.