NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In its first year participating, Saks Fifth Avenue has achieved a score of 90 out of a possible 100 in HRC’s Corporate Equality Index. This excellent first year ranking was achieved via a number of programs Saks Fifth Avenue conducts both corporately and locally through stores including:
- Offering medical, dental, vision, dependent and COBRA benefits to same sex partners, these benefits have been provided since 2001
- Parity in the qualified joint and survivor annuity-equivalent benefit to same sex spouses and partners
- Creating a culture of LGBT inclusion company-wide which includes celebrating LGBT Pride month and raising overall awareness through internal and vendor sponsored events
- Partnerships and charitable events benefitting God’s Love We Deliver, Live Out Loud, LGBT NYC Expo and the NYC LGBT Community Center
- A dedicated Facebook program to support the DOMA ruling
Of the score, Kathleen Ruiz, Saks Fifth Avenue’s SVP, Vendor & Store Marketing & Public Relations, said, “At Saks, we have always strived to be inclusive to the LGBT community, this was not something that was tied to an initiative, but simply part of our culture. In our goal to be in the Top 100 Best Places to Work companies, our strategy includes goals around diversity and inclusion, and community outreach. To achieve a score of 90 in our first year participating in HRC’s Corporate Equality Index is something we’re extremely proud of.”
About Saks Fifth Avenue
Saks Fifth Avenue, one of the world’s pre-eminent specialty retailers, is renowned for its superlative American and international designer collections, its expertly edited assortment of handbags, shoes, jewelry, cosmetics and gifts, and the first-rate fashion expertise and exemplary client service of its Associates. As part of the Hudson’s Bay Company brand portfolio, Saks operates 41 full-line stores in 22 states, five international licensed stores, 72 Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH stores and saks.com, the company’s online store.
Saks Fifth Avenue is proud to be named a J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Customer Service Champion and is only one of 50 U.S. companies so named.