BILLERICA, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--RainDance Technologies, Inc today announced that it has added one-step single molecule RNA detection capabilities to its RainDrop™ Digital PCR System. The new workflow provides researchers with a simple method of counting individual RNA target molecules. Available immediately to all current and future RainDrop customers, the new capabilities are compatible with existing one-step master mix solutions and a range of qPCR probes.
“Digital single molecule counting of RNA molecules is ultimately the most precise, sensitive and accurate means of analysis. Other methods, such as RNA sequencing, have many processing and amplification steps that introduce significant bias,” said Andrew Watson, Chief Commercial Officer, RainDance Technologies. “By adding single molecule RNA detection capabilities, the RainDrop Digital PCR System now provides the industry’s most cost-effective and deployable means of digital counting of RNA molecules.”
Transforming Traditional RNA Studies
The RainDrop System provides unique and enabling performance for RNA analysis. During the CHI Digital PCR Conference, extensive experimental data will be presented showing:
- A wide dynamic range of six logs, enabling scientists to detect very low and very high abundance targets at the same time. This level of performance is crucial in many viral load detection applications, such as HIV and HPV studies where dose can vary greatly and emerging minor drug resistant strains need to be quantitatively analyzed.
- Multiplex analysis of four different gene targets. Uniquely, the RainDrop System allows multiplexing of up to 12 targets, which is critical for broad deployment of gene expression based prognostic panels.
- Detection of very subtle RNA level changes (+/- 10 percent). This will help transform applications such as neurobiology, where small changes in expression levels can have large effects.
The RainDrop Digital PCR System is also transforming molecular analysis by enabling digital answers across a number of other applications. Today’s announcement follows other recent published customer successes:
- Publication in Journal of Clinical Chemistry demonstrated the use of the RainDrop Digital PCR system to detect multiple KRAS mutations directly from a liquid biopsy.
- Scientists from the Massachusetts General Hospital demonstrated the use of a RainDrop Digital PCR System to detect glioma-associated mRNA mutations from cerebrospinal fluid.
- Trovagene Inc. recently demonstrated that BRAF mutations present in trans-renal DNA from urine can be measured with unprecedented sensitivity by the RainDrop Digital PCR System.
For a complete list of RainDrop Digital PCR System publications, please visit RainDanceTech.com/Publications.
CHI Digital PCR Conference
RainDance is demonstrating the RainDrop Digital PCR System in exhibition booth #1 during next week’s Cambridge HealthTech (CHI) Digital PCR Conference: Technologies and Tools for Precision Diagnostics in San Diego. Andrew Watson will be presenting data supporting the one-step single molecule capabilities on Tuesday, October 8th at 2:45 pm PT. In addition, RainDrop System user, Dr. Valerie Taly, group leader/CNRS researcher of Université Paris-Descartes, will be presenting her data on cancer rare allele detection on Tuesday, October 8th at 9:30 am PT. For more information about RainDance Technologies and its portfolio of products, please visit: www.RainDanceTech.com.
About RainDance Technologies
RainDance Technologies is an emerging life sciences company developing innovative products that enable more accurate, reliable, cost-effective and early detection of disease and risk predisposition in order to improve human healthcare. Today, RainDance is focused on better healthcare outcomes and lowering costs for the research, detection and treatment of cancers and inherited diseases. The company’s innovative RainStorm™ digital droplet technology powers next-generation sequencing and genetic testing systems that deliver dramatically superior performance, cost, interpretability, and ease of use. RainDance systems are used routinely in major academic research institutions, clinical genetics laboratories, and hospitals around the world. Based in Billerica, Massachusetts, the company supports customers through its international sales and service operations as well as a global network of distributors and commercial service providers. For more information, please visit www.RainDanceTech.com.
The RainDrop Digital PCR System is for Research Use Only; not for use in diagnostic procedures.
RainDance Technologies, the RainDance Technologies logo, RainDrop, and Digital Biology are trademarks of RainDance Technologies, Inc. All other brands may be trademarks of their respective holders.