INDIANAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Global digital marketing leader ExactTarget, a salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM) company, unveiled its new Journey Builder Application today, providing marketers the first cloud-based dynamic lifecycle marketing solution to create, automate and optimize personalized campaigns at consumer scale.
Built on ExactTarget’s FUEL platform for the Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud, Journey Builder will enable marketers to map customer journeys to digital marketing interactions, such as email, mobile, social and Websites, to power personalized customer experiences that dynamically evolve based on consumer or customer engagement.
“Companies are operating in a mobile-first world where consumers have a level of connectivity that is unprecedented – driving interactions across every digital channel at every hour of the day,” said Scott McCorkle, president, technology and strategy for the Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud. “ExactTarget’s Journey Builder will provide the solution marketers need to connect with their customers in entirely new ways with a true 1-to-1 experience that dynamically powers and coordinates messages in real time based on each customer’s unique actions.”
Key capabilities of ExactTarget Journey Builder will include:
- Drag and Drop 1-to-1 Automation: Plan, power, and measure the performance of lifecycle campaigns across email, mobile, social and the Web based on customer data with an easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface.
- Real-time Optimization: Establish thresholds of timing, cadence, frequency and sequence to define which message or offer is delivered based on any change in customer data or interaction.
- Advanced Analytics and Performance Tracking: Plan business outcomes for each phase of the lifecycle campaign and track performance against goals.
- Marketing Cloud integration: Integrates seamlessly with the Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud’s contact model, calendar and messaging and data management applications.
- Advanced Third-Party Data Integrations: Leverage ExactTarget’s advanced data integration capabilities to further optimize data-driven marketing and extend campaigns with partner applications to integrate web conferencing, direct mail, event registrations, QR code activation, Facebook ad retargeting and more to extend lifecycle marketing campaigns.
“As we evolve to meet the needs of connected consumers, we have to transform our marketing by creating a seamless experience across every digital touchpoint,” said Matt Byrd, senior email marketing manager at WeddingWire. “Journey Builder has enabled us to unlock the power of campaign management and data-driven marketing automation throughout the customer lifecycle to increase customer engagement and drive results.”
Currently in beta, Journey Builder is currently expected to become generally available during the fourth quarter of calendar 2013.
“The only companies that will be successful in the age of the customer are those that obsess about their customers, marrying digital engagement, traditional marketing and data to create complete brand experiences from need identification to ongoing loyalty,” wrote Cori Munchbach, analyst at Forrester Research, Inc. in the January 2013 report, entitled ''Embed The Customer Life Cycle Across Marketing''. “The customer life cycle puts the customers’ fundamental needs at the center of the strategy.”
Journey Builder was unveiled today before a sold-out crowd at ExactTarget Connections. Marketers from around the world are attending the three-day event, which features education and content, including keynotes from author Jim Collins, biographer Walter Isaacson and former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.
For updates on Connections, follow @ExactTarget and the hashtag #ET13 on Twitter.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase ExactTarget applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.
ExactTarget is a leading global provider of cross-channel digital marketing software-as-a-service solutions that empower organizations of all sizes to communicate with their customers through email, mobile, social media, Web and marketing automation. ExactTarget's suite of integrated applications enables marketers to plan, automate, deliver and optimize data-driven digital marketing and real-time communications to drive customer engagement, increase sales and improve return on marketing investment. ExactTarget is salesforce.com company. For more information, visit www.ExactTarget.com.