MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Intensity Analytics Corporation, a provider of enterprise-grade security software solutions, announced today that is has closed a $3.5 million round of seed funding. The Company will use the funding to strengthen its market reach, grow its team and continue to expand its technology platform. Intensity Analytics also announced that it is deploying key solutions at two large enterprise customers in the online education and electronic content management (ECM) sectors.
“Intensity Analytics focuses on mitigating the persistent threats that enterprises face related to identifying, securing and validating remote users and their activities on their networks,” said John Rome, Intensity Analytics’ CEO and co-founder. “Demand from large organizations both in the private and public sectors has been strong as enterprises seek sophisticated solutions to security challenges that can lead to significant potential revenue loss and exposure from unauthorized users accessing content and data globally.”
According to industry analyst Markets and Markets, the cyber security market addressed by Intensity Analytics will exceed $120 billion per year by 2017, with spending growth continuing to accelerate. While the need to identify and authenticate computer users is as old as the industry itself, this current era of cyber terrorism, phishing and hacktivism is producing rampant failures of the traditional username/password approach. The unauthorized inspection, theft or use of data, particularly by foreign entities, coupled with the need to know “who is at the other end of the wire” is driving cyber security strategy. In addition, increasing regulatory pressures on management to know how and by whom critical resources are utilized is a major requirement for Sarbanes-Oxley, GLBA and HIPAA compliance.
To meet these challenges, Intensity Analytics has developed proprietary solutions, including:
- Biometric keyboard authentication — recognizing users by their individual typing style through a unique set of non-parametric statistical transformation methodologies.
- Tamper-free data storage and transfer solutions along with the ability to accurately monitor PC use without special hardware, capturing content, generating personally identifiable information (PII), or otherwise breaching new, stricter privacy norms.
- Mechanisms to defeat the tactics used by key loggers, man-in-the-middle attacks and over-the-shoulder observers.
- Audit trails of deployed use, utilizing innovative visualizations to depict how matching authorizations were made, or attempted.
- Continuous validation — recognizing when credentials are shared between individuals, thus dramatically lessening revenue loss and increasing the security of data, processes and access.
- Reporting real-time computer activity to facilitate workflow decision-making, software spend management, resource allocation, data access rights and time reporting.
- The ability to identify trespasses by otherwise-authorized employees attempting to access data or restricted processes outside of their authorized scope of operations.
About Intensity Analytics
Intensity Analytics builds sophisticated software products which provide critical new capabilities to the worldwide computing market. It provides enterprises with proprietary solutions to protect themselves from security threats and revenue losses from unauthorized access to their networks, content and data. The privately-held company is headquartered in Minneapolis with a Federal office in Warrenton, Virginia. For more information, please visit intensityanalytics.com.