AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Das Keyboard has expanded its popular line of high-performance mechanical keyboards, announcing today its new Das Keyboard Professional with Quiet Key Design.
The company’s Professional Quiet version keyboard reduces audible feedback to a minimum while providing one of the best tactile experiences. The newest member of the Das Keyboard family sports Cherry MX Red key switches combined with a new Quiet Key Design. It requires less force to actuate keys—45g instead of 55g to 60g for most keyboards—thereby providing a softer, more tactile and “whisper quiet” typing experience.
“Professionals who use modern communication tools like Skype, GoToMeeting, Google Hangout and other means to interact during the workday need a quiet keyboard during their calls to help reduce background noise and distractions,” said Daniel Guermeur, creator of the Das Keyboard and CEO of Metadot Corporation. “People working in open space environments have expressed the same need. The growing demand for a keyboard that could deliver such an experience is what motivated us to design our newest product. The Das Keyboard Professional Quiet is the total package, delivering outstanding tactile feel and a whisper quiet typing experience.”
Das Keyboard’s new Professional Quiet keyboard has the following key features:
- Quiet Key Design
- German engineered, gold-plated mechanical key switches
- Two high-speed USB 2.0 ports, designed for syncing and charging iPhones and other USB devices
- Extra-long USB cable (2m, 6.6 ft) that goes through desk grommets to keep workspaces neat and organized
- N-key rollover (anti-ghosting technology)
- Special function keys, including energy-saving instant sleep key, and media controls: volume up, volume down, mute, stop, play/pause, next track and previous track
- Sleek, glossy black surface with blue LEDs
- 105 keys (including special function keys)
- Laser-etched inscriptions on keys to resist fading
The Das Keyboard Professional Quiet comes in US, UK, German and Nordic layouts, and is available online for $149.
About Das Keyboard
Since its inception in 2005, Das Keyboard, a brand of Metadot, has been acclaimed by major media outlets, demanding professionals, gamers and typing enthusiasts who rely on high-performance keyboards to increase their productivity. Customer reviews distinguish Das Keyboard as providing users with a unique, even euphoric, typing experience. Designed to enable users to type faster, the company’s keyboards are built with the highest quality components, including gold-plated mechanical key switches. The company’s keyboard line has three models: the Professional for PC and Mac, which is a standard 105-key full-size mechanical keyboard, the new Professional Quiet, and the completely blank model called the Ultimate. For more information, please visit www.daskeyboard.com.