SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Hitachi Data Systems Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501), today announced that it has signed its 1000th customer in the Communications, Media and Entertainment (CME) market in the last 3 years. The products, services, and solutions offered by Hitachi Data Systems and its partners in this market sector will be on display at the 2013 Mobile World Congress conference, February 25-28 at the Fira Gran Via Congress Hall in Barcelona, Spain.
“This is an incredible milestone in our history,” said Dwight DeClouette, vice president, Worldwide Communications, Media and Entertainment, Hitachi Data Systems. “For over a decade we have worked diligently to build a customer-centric culture supporting our clients with the tools and resources they need to successfully manage their storage solutions. From technology to exceptional customer service, training, and support, our customers have rewarded us with loyalty that is reflected in the numbers.”
Hitachi Data Systems provides products and services specifically designed for CME environments. These solutions deliver dynamic capabilities that help customers deal with critical challenges in capacity, performance and reliability. The company’s CME portfolio spans from the highly scalable and reliable distributed object store, Hitachi Content Platform (HCP), to the high-performance and advanced Hitachi NAS Platform, and the intelligent, easy-to-manage Hitachi Unified Storage (HUS) family. HDS systems are installed globally in 9 of the top 10 telecom companies by revenue.
- Qvantel Oy: “We have relied on Hitachi Data Systems IT infrastructure for years when providing cloud-based business critical BSS solutions and services for telcos and service providers. The availability of Hitachi Data Systems solutions has always been flawless and we look forward to continued success together.” - Liisa Grant, CEO
- BOUYGUES TELECOM: “We rely on Hitachi Data Systems for reliable and a highly available IT infrastructure in our data center. We value the relationship with Hitachi Data Systems and look forward to continued success together.” - Olivier Heitz, IT Operation Director
- JDSU: “Traditional data collection and analytics solutions are incapable of meeting the big data effect generated by the network. JDSU and Hitachi Data Systems are proud to demonstrate their unique capabilities using PacketPortal with HCP and showcase how mobile operators can capture, correlate and analyze data from thousands of points in real-time – all the way to the network edge – to better predict and resolve revenue-impacting issues and dynamically monetize services.” - Doug Fantuzzi, vice president, Communications Test and Measurement
- Seachange: “Multi-screen viewing is capturing hearts and minds of video consumers and the full attention of service providers looking to tap the opportunity for new subscription and advertising revenue. SeaChange’s Adrenalin software is fueling this fundamental and exciting shift all around the world. We’re thrilled to collaborate with Hitachi Data Systems to offer an end-to-end platform of our proven technologies backed with unparalleled storage services; the combination that gives service providers the confidence and capability to create a multi-screen business.” - Andrei Noppe, senior vice president and general manager, EMEA and Asia Pacific
Hitachi Data Systems at 2013 Mobile World Congress:
Taking place in Hitachi Data Systems booth: Hall 5, Stand 5E30 and 5E32:
- HDS partners JDSU, Microsoft and Seachange will demonstrate their joint HDS solutions.
- Monday, February 24, at 4:00 p.m. CET: Hitachi Data Systems and its customers will host a social gathering.
- Tuesday, February 25: Market researcher Deb Osswald, vice president of Communication Service Provider (CSP) Operations at IDC, will meet with customers and visitors to discuss trends and new offerings in the CME market.
- Watch the Hitachi Data Systems CSP video
- Follow us on Twitter
- Connect with us on LinkedIn
- Friend us on Facebook
About Hitachi Data Systems
Hitachi Data Systems provides information technologies, services and solutions that help companies improve IT costs and agility, and innovate with information to make a difference in the world. Our customers gain compelling return on investment (ROI), unmatched return on assets (ROA), and demonstrable business impact. With approximately 5,900 employees worldwide, Hitachi Data Systems does business in more than 100 countries and regions. Our products, services and solutions are trusted by the world's leading enterprises, including more than 70% of the Fortune 100 and more than 80% of the Fortune Global 100. Visit us at www.HDS.com.
About Hitachi, Ltd.
Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, is a leading global electronics company with approximately 320,000 employees worldwide. Fiscal 2011 (ended March 31, 2012) consolidated revenues totaled 9,665 billion yen ($117.8 billion). Hitachi is focusing more than ever on the Social Innovation Business, which includes information and telecommunication systems, power systems, industrial, transportation and urban development systems, as well as the sophisticated materials and key devices that support them. For more information on Hitachi, please visit the company's website at http://www.hitachi.com.
© Hitachi Data Systems Corporation 2013. All rights reserved. HITACHI is a trademark or registered trademark of Hitachi, Ltd. Innovate With Information is a trademark or registered trademark of Hitachi Data Systems Corporation. All other trademarks, service marks, and company names are properties of their respective owners.