SOUTHLAKE, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--There is no better way to ring in the New Year than a fun-filled vacation. Travelocity travel experts have compiled a list of the top 10 New Year’s Eve destinations in the country, based on popularity, affordability and best celebrations.
“From bustling cities to laid back ski destinations, to the nation’s most notorious party towns, the top ten New Year’s Eve destinations offer a vacation to remember,” explains Courtney Scott, Travelocity’s senior editor. “When shopping for flights and hotels, it’s important to know the average price to beat and average daily rate at hotels so you are certain that you’re getting a good deal and you can save your money for celebrating!”
This year, the average price for domestic New Year’s airfare, also known as Travelocity’s Price to Beat, is $343 and the average daily rate for hotel rooms is $169.
Top 10 New Year’s Eve Destinations with Average Airfare:
1. South Florida ($359) South Florida’s white sand beaches, warm temperatures and hip hotel scene make it an ideal getaway for the sun-worshiper or partygoer. Relax at the pool by day and hit South Beach by night, where parties at top restaurants and nightclubs will be in full swing.
2. Las Vegas ($305) There’s nowhere quite like Vegas, especially on New Year’s Eve. With some of the best deals we’ve seen this holiday season, Las Vegas is a top pick. Luxurious hotels, over-the-top performances, divine restaurants and great weather - Las Vegas will not disappoint this New Year’s Eve.
3. Orlando ($291) For families and couples alike, there are endless attractions and holiday events happening in and around all of Orlando’s theme parks. From Disney’s Holiday Wishes fireworks spectacular and Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights to Universal Studios’ character meet and greets and New Year’s Parade, you will be swept away into a world of magic, fun and fantasy.
4. New York City ($285) Every person should experience New York City on New Year’s Eve once in a lifetime. Times Square feels like the center of the world, and the energy is electric. Beyond the parties, New York City is the place for incredible shopping, endless museums and some of the most diverse food in the whole country that can be enjoyed on any budget.
5. Denver ($280) Escape the hustle of the big city and welcome in 2013 with the fresh mountain air and beautiful landscapes of Denver. The city is full of fun, funky shops and bars and the locals couldn’t be friendlier. Don’t miss the fireworks over Downtown Denver and check out a full roster of balls, concerts and block parties happening all throughout the city.
6. Los Angeles ($344) Whether you’re painting the town on the Sunset Strip, Venice Beach or Silver Lake, Los Angeles knows how to celebrate in style. From cabaret shows to costume balls, to yacht parties, the city rolls out the red carpet for New Year’s revelers. You can even celebrate aboard the Queen Mary 2!
7. New Orleans ($388) Combining old-world elegance, eclectic charm, and an electric mood, New Orleans embodies the New Year’s spirit. When the clock strikes midnight, that’s just the start of the party. After fireworks, head to Bourbon Street and the French Quarter where the revelry continues into the wee hours of the morning.
8. Austin ($321) Austin earned its rightful place on our top ten list for its cool music scene, amazing food and southern hospitality! Make sure you check out Willie Nelson performing live on New Year’s Eve at The Moody Theater.
9. Washington, D.C. ($268) For a sophisticated soiree, Washington D.C. is the place. Take a dinner cruise down the Potomac River with live onboard entertainment, or treat yourself to jazz at the Kennedy Center. The romance and history of Washington D.C. will make this getaway one to remember.
10. Salt Lake City ($388) The sights and sounds of this mountain town are turned up a notch on New Year’s Eve with three full days of exhibitions, concerts and celebrations. For families or single travelers, there’s something for everyone. Don’t miss live music at Gallivan and cool shows at the Clark Planetarium that the kids will love.
About Travelocity Global
Travelocity® is committed to being the traveler's champion - before, during and after the trip - and provides the most comprehensive and proactive guarantee in the industry (http://www.travelocity.com/guarantee). This customer-driven focus, backed by 24/7 live phone support, competitive prices and powerful shopping technology has made Travelocity one of the largest travel companies in the world. Travelocity also owns and operates: Travelocity Business® for corporate travel; igougo.com, a leading online travel community; lastminute.com, a leader in European online travel; and ZUJI, a leader in Asia-Pacific online travel. Travelocity is owned by Sabre Holdings Corporation, a world leader in travel marketing and distribution.