BARCELONA, Spain--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today at the GSMA’s 2012 Mobile World Congress, Neustar, Inc., (NYSE: NSR), a trusted, neutral provider of real-time information and analysis to the Internet, telecommunications, entertainment, advertising and marketing industries, announced it is showcasing a full range of mobile cloud solutions at Mobile World Congress 2012, including its latest Neustar Intelligent Cloud Location service. In one demonstration, Neustar will show how financial institutions can harness the Neustar Intelligent Cloud and other Neustar services to better manage prepaid gift cards. Neustar will showcase five new mobile services in its stand located in Hall 7 within the App Planet #7A86.
Since unveiling the Neustar Intelligent Cloud service at last year’s Mobile World Congress exhibition, major operators across the United States and Canada have been integrated into the service. With the growing adoption by operators, mobile application providers can now reach over 325 million mobile subscribers through just one connection with Neustar. Neustar’s newly announced Location Services suite includes integrated privacy protection tools, enabling mobile developers to adhere to industry best practices, mobile operators’ requirements, and government directives to protect consumer privacy.
Visitors to the Neustar stand will be able to see how the Neustar Intelligent Cloud improves the consumer experience, while creating additional value for mobile operators and application providers. The demonstrations depict how a consumer can opt-in to a mobile campaign to receive an offer from their favorite brand, find the location of friends on a popular social networking site, and interact with their company’s human resource department - all through their mobile device. Exhibition attendees will also be able to visit the Neustar stand and experience how the prepaid card market can be enhanced with the Neustar Intelligent Cloud. Visitors will register their gift card through the Neustar Intelligent Cloud. Through the Intelligent Cloud the merchant card issuer is able to make the customer aware of promotions and offers related to the gift card. In this demonstration, participants will be able to use a phone to “purchase” a gift based on the value of their Neustar branded prepaid card.
Neustar’s participation in the Mobile World Congress exhibition underscores its ongoing commitment to enabling personal and rich communication between people, enhanced by the technology we use. With the Neustar Intelligent Cloud services, Neustar provides a comprehensive toolkit that helps operators, brands, and mobile application providers deliver services to consumers without compromising their privacy standards.
Concepts being demonstrated at MWC 2012 by Neustar include:
- Financial Services – prepaid gift and merchant cards is a $100 billion a year industry in the United States. Attendees will be able to see how Neustar could easily enable a service that would deepen the relationship between the brand and the customer, while meeting the growing regulatory requirements.
- Mobile Enterprise Services – a new service developed by Neustar and delivered with Neustar’s partner, SUMOTEXT, allows mobile employees to opt-in to mobile communications from their human resources department. This demonstration illustrates how human resource departments can deliver contextually relevant information to employees outside the office. Harnessing Neustar’s recently announced Text Everywhere service, text messages for employees are available through email, on a desktop or mobile devices.
- Geofence – location is a critical contextual element in marketing campaigns, providing messages, offers, and information when consumers travel near specific locations. Visitors will see how Neustar, working with its partner ZOS, creates opt-in mobile campaigns that send offers to a subscriber based on a specified geographic location.
- Enhanced Location – consumers are increasingly accessing information from their mobile devices. This application shows how a brand can include personalized information in the offer such as a map to its nearest location once a consumer has given consent to participate in a mobile marketing campaign.
- Social Networking – the growth in social networking has driven new ways of communication. Many users would prefer not to leave their social networking application to call one of their connections or determine their physical location. Attendees will be able to see how users who opt-in can connect, locate and send a message without exchanging personal information.
In addition to those demonstrations in the Neustar stand, Neustar hosts daily business intelligence seminars at its chalet on The Avenue # AV89.
For more information or to register for a seminar session, please visit: http://www.neustar.biz/about-us/news-room/events/resources/mobile-world-congress-2012
About Neustar, Inc.
Neustar, Inc. (NYSE: NSR) is a trusted, neutral provider of real-time information and analysis to the Internet, telecommunications, entertainment, advertising and marketing industries throughout the world. Neustar applies its advanced, secure technologies in routing, addressing and authentication to its customers’ data to help them identify new revenue opportunities, network efficiencies, cyber security and fraud protection measures. More information is available at www.neustar.biz.