- Quest Software, Inc. announced today that it has acquired BiTKOO, a privately-held company that provides solutions for fine-grained authorization and entitlement management in enterprise IT environments. The acquisition further extends the strength of Quest® One Identity Solutions in access governance by providing easier accountability and greater transparency for enterprise, cloud, and SaaS- based scenarios through externalized authorization.
With the acquisition, BiTKOO Keystone
technology will be included in Quest One Identity Solutions to
- Fine-grained authorization using the XACML standard for applications built in-house, enabling consistent management of access to diverse applications, web services and data regardless of operating system or application framework.
- Fine-grained access control for consistent, dynamic authorization across SharePoint.
- Exclusive row and column level security for SQL Server without the need to write custom code.
Nick Nikols, vice president and general manager, Identity & Access Management, Quest Software
- “BiTKOO is the leader for authorization and entitlement management, which is recognized as the cutting edge in the identity and access management market. Their products are a tremendous fit for Quest One as we continue striving to simplify IAM for our customers. This investment will make Quest the first large IAM vendor to offer organizations the capability to define granular access controls for users based on user attributes, the resource and the context of the access request. It’s a perfect complement to our current Quest One offerings that leverage existing investments and address current concerns, while laying the groundwork to address future needs.”
- Tweet this: #Quest Adds Externalized Authorization to Identity and Access Management Capabilities with Latest Acquisition of BiTKOO http://bit.ly/mRRLxT
- Check out the Quest One Identity Solution: Single Sign-on, Provisioning, Identity Intelligence, Role Management, Multifactor Authentication, Password Management, Privileged Account Management
- Participate in an interactive IAM assessment: http://iam.aberdeen.com/
- Quest Software, Inc.: http://www.quest.com/
- BiTKOO: http://www.bitkoo.com/
- Quest® One Identity Solution: http://www.quest.com/identity-management/
- Keystone: http://www.bitkoo.com/xacml.php
- Identity and access management: http://www.quest.com/identity%2Dmanagement/
- Quest One Identity Manager: http://www.quest.com/quest%2Done%2Didentity%2Dmanager/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/Quest
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Quest-Software/65026711832
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/companies/quest-software
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/questsoftware
Quest Software (Nasdaq: QSFT) simplifies and reduces the cost of managing IT for more than 100,000 customers worldwide. Our innovative solutions make solving the toughest IT management problems easier, enabling customers to save time and money across physical, virtual and cloud environments. For more information about Quest solutions for administration and automation, data protection, development and optimization, identity and access management, migration and consolidation, and performance monitoring, go to www.quest.com.
- Quest news releases: http://www.quest.com/rss/news-releases.aspx
Quest, Quest Software and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries. All other names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Forward Looking Statements:
This press release includes predictions, statements and other information relating to our acquisition of BiTKOO that might be considered forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements relate, but are not limited, to the combination of BiTKOO’s technologies with Quest product offerings, the capabilities of such technologies and offerings, and future benefits to Quest customers. These statements are based on current expectations and assumptions that are subject to risks and uncertainties. Actual results could differ materially from those anticipated as a result of various factors, including: risks that the transaction or related integration activity may disrupt current plans, projects and operations, and our ability to recognize the benefits of the acquisition; reductions or delays in information technology spending; adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; our ability to successfully integrate BiTKOO personnel, products and technologies into Quest product offerings; competitive factors, including industry consolidation, entry of new competitors into markets occupied by BiTKOO products, and new product and marketing initiatives by our competitors; our ability to retain existing personnel and recruit and retain qualified personnel; and other risks described from time to time in Quest’s filings with the SEC. For a discussion of these and other related risks, please refer to our recent SEC filings, including our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2010 and our subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, which are available on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date thereof. We undertake no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date thereof.