BURLINGTON, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Avid® (NASDAQ: AVID) today announced the availability of the new M-Audio® Keystation Mini 32 ultra-portable keyboard controller, as well as the M-Audio BX D2 studio monitor series—the next generation of the best-selling BX Deluxe family. These new offerings extend Avid’s commitment to deliver best-in-class quality, performance, and value to mobile musicians, producers, and video editors.
The Keystation Mini 32 is a 32-note, USB bus-powered keyboard controller designed for musicians on the go. Small enough to fit in a backpack, this ultra-portable controller delivers unmatched playability in its class, with features including:
- 32 low-profile mini-keys, enabling musicians to play two-handed parts
- Highly musical velocity curves, allowing keyboard sensitivity customization to individual playing styles
- 4 assignable controls, including a knob, providing real-time control of DAW and virtual instrument functions
- USB bus-powered, plug-and-play connectivity including iPad compatibility (iPad Camera Connection Kit required; check specific apps to verify MIDI support)
The BX D2 series monitors—comprised of the BX8 D2 and BX5 D2 models— flaunt a new look,and improved sound. These models from the best-selling line deliver a listening experience that’s true to the source, helping musicians, producers, and video editors create mixes that translate well across listening systems. Plus they look great. Along with the exceptional accuracy and sonic definition that studio and post-production professionals demand, the BX D2 series features:
- Technology leveraged from high-end M-Audio monitors, providing enhanced acoustic performance, especially in the low-frequency range
- Kevlar low-frequency drivers and waveguide-loaded silk dome tweeters, providing rich, defined bass and smooth, clear highs
- The BX8 D2 features an 8” woofer and 130 watts of distributed power and the BX5 D2 is equipped with a 5” woofer and features 70 watts of distributed power, delivering cohesive, accurate sound
- Optimized rear port, providing extended low-frequency response
“The M-Audio brand is leading the way in the mobile studio revolution,” said Tanguy Leborgne, Avid vice president of consumer products and solutions “Now, the new Keystation Mini 32 pushes the category further than ever before—giving on-the-go musicians a way to create great music and effects through an ultra-playable, ultra-portable design. In addition, the updated BX5 D2 and BX8 D2 monitors extend our best-selling studio monitor legacy, delivering the look and performance musicians and video editors demand.”
Availability and Pricing
Keystation Mini 32 is now available for $99.99 USD. The BX5 D2 and BX8 D2 are available for $399.99 and $599.99 USD, respectively. To learn more visit m-audio.com. For purchasing inquiries, please visit the Avid Store.
Avid creates the digital audio and video technology used to make the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world – from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, television shows, live concert tours and news broadcasts, to music and movies made at home. Some of Avid’s most influential and pioneering solutions include Media Composer®, Pro Tools®, Interplay®, ISIS®, VENUE, Oxygen 8, Sibelius®, System 5, and Pinnacle Studio™. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, del.icio.us, Flickr, Twitter and YouTube; connect with Avid on Facebook; or subscribe to Avid Industry Buzz.
© 2011 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, system requirements and availability are subject to change without notice. All prices are MSRP for the U.S. and Canada only and are subject to change without notice. Contact your local Avid office or reseller for prices outside the U.S. and Canada. Avid, the Avid logo, M-Audio, Media Composer, Pro Tools, Interplay, ISIS, Sibelius and Pinnacle Studio are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. The Interplay name is used with the permission of the Interplay Entertainment Corp. which bears no responsibility for Avid products. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6838445&lang=en