DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/f8da06/myelodysplastic_sy) has announced the addition of GlobalData's new report "Myelodysplastic Syndrome Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017" to their offering.
GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, Myelodysplastic Syndrome Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017. The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) therapeutic market. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData's team of industry experts.
The Myelodysplastic Syndrome Therapeutics Market is Forecast to Show Moderate Growth until 2017
GlobalData estimates that the global myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) market was valued at $652.6m in 2010 and forecasts it to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 12.2% to reach $1.5 billion by 2017. This growth forecast is primarily attributed to the currently approved drugs reaching their peak sales during the forecast period and secondarily due to a strong pipeline. The existing market is strong although with high unmet need. The market is represented by three approved drugs Vidaza (azacitidine), Dacogen (decitabine) and Revlimid (lenalidomide). Unmet Need Continues to Challenge the Pipeline Drugs
GlobalData has found that the myelodysplastic syndrome market has high unmet needs, which implies that the market is not well served by the current products in terms of efficacy and safety, and that there is high potential for new entrants. MDS therapies are largely chemotherapeutic agents that are given intravenously. Revlimid is taken as oral tablets. Thus ease of administration also adds to the unmet need present in the market. In summary, the MDS market is expected to be a relatively open market for new entrants until 2017 with many opportunities for value capture.
- Annualized seven key markets (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and Japan) MDS therapeutics market revenues data from 2005 to 2010, forecast for seven years to 2017.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends by seven key markets.
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the seven key countries MDS therapeutics market. Key market players covered are Amgen Inc, Arno Therapeutics, Array Biopharma, Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals Inc, Medac GmbH, Novartis AG, Onconova Therapeutics, Sanofi-Aventis, Synta Pharmaceuticals, S- BIO Pte, Telik Inc.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the MDS therapeutics market.
- Analysis of key recent licensing and partnership agreements in Myelodysplastic Syndrome Therapeutics market
Key Topics Covered:
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome: Market Characterization
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome Market: Competitive Assessment
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome: Pipeline Assessment
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome Therapeutics - Clinical Trials Mapping
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome Therapeutics: Strategic Assessment
- Global Myelodysplastic Syndrome Therapeutics: Future Players in The Market
- Licensing and Partnership Deals
- Amgen Inc.
- Arno Therapeutics Inc.
- Array Bippharma
- Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Medac GmbH
- Novartis AG
- Onconova Therapeutics
- Synta Pharmaceuticals
- S* BIO Pte
- Telik Inc
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/f8da06/myelodysplastic_sy