WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Great Lakes Solutions, a Chemtura business, (NYSE: CHMT) today announced that it will increase prices by $0.25/kg-$4.00/kg across the entire bromine franchise in all regions, where contracts allow. Certain increases took effect on July 1, 2011 and the remainder will be implemented on July 15, 2011, dependent upon product line. Prices will increase for the following portfolio of products :
- Hydrobromic acid 24%, 48%
- Ethylene dibromide
- Alkyl bromides
- BA-59P™ ( Tetrabromobisphenol A)
- DE-83R™ ( Decabromodiphenyl oxide)
- Firemaster 2100R® ( Decabromodiphenyl ethane)
- BC-52™ and BC-58™ (brominated carbonate oligomers)
- Firemaster® PBS-64HW
- Firemaster® CP-44HF grades of polybromostyrene – up to 50%
- PHT4™ ( tetrabromophthalic anhydride), PHT4™-Diol and PHT4™-Diol LV
- Firemaster® 500/600 series
- PH-73FF™ (2,4,6 Tribromophenol)
These increases are necessary to support significant ongoing investment to ensure sustainable and reliable supply as demand for bromine and its derivatives continues to grow globally.
Great Lakes Solutions
Great Lakes Solutions, a Chemtura business, is a global and innovative leader in safe and cost-efficient flame retardant products and solutions for use in applications such as electronic components, electrical enclosures and building products, including insulation and furniture foam. Great Lakes Solutions offers greener, high-performing solutions under the new Emerald™ product series that provide sustainable differentiation in the marketplace without sacrificing performance or quality. For more information about Great Lakes Solutions, please visit www.greatlakes.com.
Chemtura Corporation, with 2010 sales of $2.8 billion, is a global manufacturer and marketer of specialty chemicals, agrochemicals and pool, spa and home care products. Additional information concerning Chemtura is available at www.chemtura.com.