BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Yankee Group’s latest Mobile Money Forecast finds the value of global mobile transactions will grow from $241 billion in 2011 to more than $1 trillion by 2015, a CAGR of 56 percent. That growth, coupled with 500 million mobile banking users around the world in the same time frame, presents an enormous opportunity for both new and established players in the mobile money ecosystem. To help companies capitalize on this rapidly evolving opportunity, Yankee Group unveiled an innovative new service today called Mobile Money StrategiesTM.
“We are on the cusp of a burgeoning mobile money marketplace, one where first movers will gain a significant strategic advantage,” said Gigi Wang, chief research officer at Yankee Group. “With consumers flocking to all things mobile, Mobile Money Strategies delivers the market intelligence and insights needed to profit from this revolution.”
Mobile Money Strategies is designed specifically to help retail banks, payment networks, mobile operators and other mobile money players implement, market and monetize successful mobile money strategies. It puts clients on the inside track of the mobile banking, mobile commerce, mobile coupon and mobile payment sectors and offers key insights into current and future mobile money adoption trends. The new service includes:
- Actionable written research
- Survey data showcasing consumer attitudes and behaviors
- Market forecast data
- Analyst insights via webinars and market perspectives
- Focused executive events and peer exchange opportunities
Subscribers gain access to the latest Yankee Group Mobile Money Forecast and Survey findings, including:
- Near field communications (NFC) is taking off. NFC-enabled phones will grow from just 7 million in 2011 to 203 million in 2015, a CAGR of 208 percent.
- EMEA is the mobile money hot spot. In 2011, EMEA accounts for 41 percent of mobile transactions value, while North America accounts for 35 percent, Asia-Pacific 22 percent and Latin America just 1 percent.
- Users are readily adopting mobile banking. Currently, 27 percent of all survey respondents use mobile banking—far more than use m-commerce (13 percent), mobile coupons (11 percent) and mobile payments (9 percent).
For more information on Mobile Money Strategies or to access a complimentary Mobile Money data snapshot, go to: http://yankeegroup.com/research/mobileMoneyStrategies.html
About Yankee Group
The people of Yankee Group are the global connectivity experts—the leading source of insight and counsel trusted by builders, operators and drivers of connectivity solutions for 40 years. With headquarters in Boston and London, Yankee Group has a global presence, including operations in the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and Asia-Pacific. Visit www.yankeegroup.com.