No-Headquarters/BOZEMAN, Mont.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Snowflake (NYSE: SNOW), the Data Cloud company, today announced the launch of the Media Data Cloud, which unites Snowflake’s powerful data sharing technology; cutting-edge standards of privacy and governance; Snowflake- and partner-delivered solutions, and industry-specific datasets. The Media Data Cloud enables marketers, publishers and data and ad technology businesses to unlock their data for identity, insights, activation and measurement across the advertising ecosystem.
The media and advertising industry is undergoing significant changes, including viewership habits, rapidly changing industry standards, and increased scrutiny around data use and consumer privacy. Snowflake's Media Data Cloud enables organizations to be successful in this new landscape by empowering them to easily access and collaborate on data without data ever leaving their Snowflake environment.
Leveraging the Media Data Cloud, marketers, publishers and ad tech customers are performing essential 1st party data matching, creating audience insights, activating and measuring campaigns, all while limiting the movement and copying of data. Traditionally, only large technology platforms enabled privacy sandboxes, but with data clean rooms enabled by Snowflake, any publisher, advertiser, agency, or ad technology organization can design their own privacy and collaborative data environment and leverage Snowflake’s Media Data Cloud for their own customizable solution.
In addition, several companies highlighted below are building native applications on the Media Data Cloud so that functions can be performed across distributed data environments that are maintained by marketers, publishers and others. This approach, where applications can run wherever the data sits in Snowflake, can increase privacy and governance compliance.
Within the Media Data Cloud, Snowflake announced partner-delivered solutions covering all major areas of the advertising ecosystem. The solutions are designed to create frictionless data sharing and collaboration, embed native identity and machine learning, and support business solutions for audience insights, media planning, activation and measurement. Joint Solutions with Snowflake partners include:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) - Snowflake has had a long-standing relationship with AWS since the company’s beginning. Look for further announcements from Snowflake and AWS in this space in the coming year.
- DataRobot - The AI Cloud leader delivers a unified view of the customer in the Media Data Cloud, unlocking real-time insights for marketers and frontline decision-makers to predict optimal channels and spend, advertising and media investments, and apply AI to more intelligent business processes.
- Experian - The leading global information services company is launching a new embedded identity resolution framework on the Media Data Cloud so customers can connect digital and offline identifiers in real-time without moving or copying any of their data.
- Habu - Habu delivers its suite of data clean room applications natively on the Media Data Cloud, to power audience insights, audience development and targeting.
- LTI - LTI has developed several privacy solutions that can operate within Snowflake and improve compliance by automating the process of flagging and identifying any privacy related data. Once identified, Snowflake customers will have the ability to mask and protect their data assets dynamically as they are ingested into Snowflake.
- Slalom - Slalom has created solutions for the cookieless ecosystem that enable marketers to generate insights from their first-party data, while staying compliant with privacy regulations and ensuring that data is never stale or out-of date.
- The Trade Desk - With the power of Snowflake, advertisers and agencies now have the ability to generate Unified ID 2.0 identifiers, as well as activate data directly through The Trade Desk, the world’s leading independent demand-side platform.
- VideoAmp - VideoAmp is a software and data company creating a more sophisticated data-driven advertising ecosystem that redefines how media is valued, bought and sold.
Snowflake Media Data Cloud enables customers to:
- Leverage Snowflake Data Marketplace to access live, ready-to-query data products and services from over 175 data partners, including Comscore, Foursquare, Integral Ad Science (IAS), NCSolutions, and Merkle.
- Securely join data across the sector, share and combine consumer data with limited copies and movement, across multiple regions and public clouds. Without having to rely on traditional methods, such as ETL or APIs, organizations are able to reduce data latency and leverage more accurate insights to power their businesses in near-real time.
- Easily manage security administration with data clean rooms and auditability features like double-blind joins, restricted queries, centralized RBAC, and row/columnar level obfuscation that enable data to be shared without movement and risk of revealing PII.
- Handle any data format at scale, including structured, semi-structured and unstructured data (currently in Preview), which can be activated from a single source to power targeted content and advertising strategies.
Some of the largest customers in the industry are already utilizing Snowflake’s Media Data Cloud as the essential data platform for powering their advertising businesses, marketing execution, agency offerings and data solutions. Customer use cases include:
- Disney Advertising Sales – This Sales unit has built an impressive, proprietary clean room solution for its clients, with Snowflake as a key strategic collaborator. Disney Advertising Sales’ cleanroom gives clients advanced pre-planning insights, activation and cross portfolio measurement in a brand safe way.
- Horizon Media – Horizon Media, the largest independent agency, has built their identity and audience matching solution on Snowflake’s Media Data Cloud.
- OpenX – Leading programmatic advertising platforms, like OpenX, are leveraging Snowflake’s secure data sharing function to share log-level data with their clients to provide increased visibility to marketers, and end-to-end attribution for digital campaigns
- Warner Music Group – WMG is delivering near real-time insights on content performance and subscriber engagement with Snowflake.
- Additionally media, gaming, sports, and other entertainment businesses that are leveraging the Media Data Cloud to make smarter content and experience decisions that power subscriber acquisition and retention.
“Disney is home to the largest brand portfolio, delivering massive scale through the best sports, entertainment and streaming brands in the business, powered by scalable and valuable data,” said Lisa Valentino, EVP, Client Solutions & Addressable Enablement, Disney Advertising Sales. “We strive to be first-to-market with innovation to better serve our client’s needs. Snowflake’s Media Data Cloud gives us the flexibility to build a proprietary infrastructure leveraging our own data assets and Audience Graph to create transformative products that map to our strategy.”
“The Snowflake Media Data Cloud will fuel the next wave of innovation in the advertising ecosystem. Snowflake is uniquely positioned to enable data connectivity and collaboration in a privacy compliant manner for transparent and secure advertising capabilities. Our customers and partners are able to execute this type of collaboration for identity, targeting and measurement while also maintaining important privacy and governance,” said Bill Stratton, Global Head of Media, Entertainment and Advertising Vertical, Snowflake. “Businesses with democratized data access, seamless collaboration, and the highest standards of data governance will now be leading our industry into a future built on transparency, trust and performance.”
- View the Snowflake keynote at AdWeek 2021 about Building Your Future-Proof, Privacy-First Advertising Strategy.
- Learn more about Snowflake for Media, Advertising and Entertainment and register for the upcoming Media Data Cloud Summit event in January 2022.
- Stay on top of the latest news and announcements from Snowflake on LinkedIn and Twitter.
This press release contains express and implied forwarding-looking statements, including statements regarding Snowflake products, services, and technology offerings that are under development or not generally available, and the integration and/or interoperability of those products, services and offerings with third-party products and services. These forward-looking statements are subject to a number of risks, uncertainties and assumptions, including those described under the heading “Risk Factors” and elsewhere in the Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2021 that Snowflake has filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In light of these risks, uncertainties, and assumptions, actual results could differ materially and adversely from those anticipated or implied in the forward-looking statements. As a result, you should not rely on any forwarding-looking statements as predictions of future events.
Snowflake enables every organization to mobilize their data with Snowflake’s Data Cloud. Customers use the Data Cloud to unite siloed data, discover and securely share data, and execute diverse analytic workloads. Wherever data or users live, Snowflake delivers a single data experience that spans multiple clouds and geographies. Thousands of customers across many industries, including 212 of the 2021 Fortune 500 as of July 31, 2021, use Snowflake Data Cloud to power their businesses. Learn more at snowflake.com.