LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The new remote sensing satellite market research report from Technavio indicates negative growth in the short term as the business impact of COVID-19 spreads.
Get detailed insights on the COVID-19 pandemic Crisis and Recovery analysis of the remote sensing satellite market.
"One of the primary growth drivers for this market is the growing adoption of SATCOM-based systems and equipment”, says a senior analyst for the Industrials industry at Technavio. As the markets recover, Technavio expects the remote sensing satellite market size to grow by USD 4.64 billion during the period 2020-2024.
Remote Sensing Satellite Market Segment Highlights for 2020
- The remote sensing satellite market is expected to post a year-over-year growth rate of 7.11%.
- Based on the application, the space-based RADAR segment led the market in 2019. The growth of the segment is due to the increasing investments from government agencies in the acquisition of intelligence imagery to address the evolving security concerns.
- The market growth in the segment will be significant during the forecast period.
- 36% of the growth will originate from the APAC region.
- The enhancement of the capabilities of combatants for both space and airborne imaging platforms are driving the market growth in APAC.
- China and Japan are the key markets for remote sensing satellites in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions.
Click here to learn about report detailed analysis and insights on how you can leverage them to grow your business.
Related Reports on Industrials Include:
Global Satellite Propulsion System Market - Global satellite propulsion system market is segmented by type (chemical propulsion, hybrid propulsion, and all-electric propulsion) and geography (North America, APAC, Europe, South America, and MEA). Click Here to Get an Exclusive Free Sample Report
Global Satellite Manufacturing and Launch Market - Global satellite manufacturing and launch market is segmented by product (satellite manufacturing and launch services), application (communication satellite, military surveillance, earth observation satellite, navigation satellite, and others), and geography (APAC, Europe, MEA, North America, and South America). Click Here to Get an Exclusive Free Sample Report
- The remote sensing satellite market size is expected to accelerate at a CAGR of almost 7% during the forecast period.
- The remote sensing satellite market is segmented by Type (Space-based radar, SATCOM, and Space-based EO/IR) and Geography (Europe, APAC, North America, MEA, and South America).
- The market is concentrated due to the presence of many/few established vendors holding significant market share.
- The research report offers information on several market vendors, including Airbus SE, Ball Corp., ImageSat International NV, Lockheed Martin Corp., Maxar Technologies Inc., Northrop Grumman Corp., Planet Labs Inc., Satellite Imaging Corp., Thales Group, and The Boeing Co.
Register for a free trial today to access 17,000+ market research reports using Technavio's SUBSCRIPTION platform
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focuses on emerging market trends and provides actionable insights to help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions. With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio’s report library consists of more than 17,000 reports and counting, covering 800 technologies, spanning across 50 countries. Their client base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio’s comprehensive coverage, extensive research, and actionable market insights to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.