NORWALK, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ:FTR) today launched its Vantage™ brand, a premium all-digital platform that includes TV HD offerings, ultra-fast broadband, and enhanced VoIP. The products take innovation to the next level, and will be offered as Vantage TV, Vantage Internet, and Vantage Voice.
President and Chief Executive Officer Daniel J. McCarthy recently announced Frontier will introduce Vantage TV to more than 3 million households over a 3 to 4 year period. Once complete, video services will be available to approximately 50 percent of the 8.5 million households in Frontier’s current footprint. Frontier’s pending acquisition of wireline assets in California, Texas and Florida will provide Frontier with the opportunity to introduce Vantage TV service to more than 3 million additional households.
Vantage TV offers consumers an innovative entertainment experience:
- Superior HD picture quality;
- 4K ultra-high-definition (UHD) capability in select markets;
- Up to 1TB storage;
- Total Home DVR records up to four shows at once and lets viewers pause, rewind and play back live TV and store more than 170 hours of HD programming;
- My Favorite Channel Multi-View creates a custom list of more than 50 favorite channels;
- Instant channel change allows super-fast navigation through an Interactive guide;
- Video On Demand Library will contain more than 100,000 movies and TV shows;
- Channel Peeks—maintains full screen viewing while “peeking” into other programs on Live TV and DVR;
- Next generation enhanced search delivers real-time results by program name, actor/actress and other keywords across Live TV, Video on Demand, and DVR recordings; and
- Interactive applications include Social TV (access to Twitter and Facebook), Weather, Interactive Workout, Home Shopping Network and interactive games.
According to Cecilia K. McKenney, Executive Vice President, Chief Customer Officer and head of Corporate Marketing, “This is the perfect time for Frontier to launch our premier products. ‘Vantage’ conveys the ultimate customer experience and represents products and services that deliver value, solutions, and choice.
“We are excited about the opportunities for our customers, shareholders, and employees as the year unfolds, and look forward to our new Vantage brand being an important part of this transformational year for Frontier,” McKenney said.
Frontier introduced the Vantage suite of products in Durham, North Carolina in the fourth-quarter of 2015. Frontier will begin introducing the brand in Connecticut and then expand into other Frontier markets. Customers can learn more about the Vantage products by visiting www.Frontier.com/VantageTV.
About Frontier Communications
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ:FTR) offers broadband, voice, video, wireless Internet data access, data security solutions, specialized bundles for residential customers, small businesses and home offices, and advanced communications for medium and large businesses in 28 states. Frontier has approximately 19,200 employees. More information is available at www.frontier.com.