AIRPORT CITY, Israel & CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OriginGPS today announced the launch of the Multi Micro Hornet, the world’s smallest patented fully integrated multiple constellation antenna module. The innovative architecture packs the most functionality and high-quality components in the smallest space by volume, to improve wearables’ fashion and function.
“A recent study by the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems Agency (GSA) showed that multi-constellation is becoming a standard feature in today’s user equipment,” said Gal Jacobi, CEO of OriginGPS. “Developers of wearables need modules with these features in the smallest size possible to be competitive in a market the GSA predicts will reach 14 million by 2023.”
The Multi Micro Hornet is ideal for devices that require a small form factor, low power consumption, and high sensitivity. In keeping with the company’s “Mini + Mighty” corporate mantra, it has once again pushed the boundaries of what’s possible and reduced the total volume in size by over 68% of other leading GNSS antenna modules without sacrificing performance.
The Multi Micro Hornet boasts several key features that will improve the navigation experience of wearables and other Internet of Things devices, including:
- Smallest size, highest performance – Despite its miniature outline of 10x10mm and height of only 5.9mm, the Multi Micro Hornet module offers superior sensitivity and outstanding performance, achieving rapid Time To First Fix (TTFF) of less than one second, accuracy within as little as one meter, and sensitivity at an industry leading -165dBm by tracking both GPS and GLONASS constellations simultaneously.
- High sensitivity and noise immunity – The Multi Micro Hornet continues to leverage OriginGPS’ patented and proprietary Noise Free Zone NFZ™ technology to ensure high sensitivity and noise immunity even under marginal signal conditions.
- Reduced power consumption without compromising connectivity – It detects changes in context, temperature, and satellite signals, to achieve a state of near continuous availability. By opportunistically updating its internal fine time, frequency, and satellite ephemeris data, the Multi Micro Hornet is able to stay connected while consuming mere microwatts of precious battery power.
- An intelligent design that shortens time to market – The Hornet family of GPS / GNSS antenna modules integrates a GNSS receiver and patch antenna in a single module. As a cornerstone of the OriginGPS portfolio, the Multi Micro Hornet’s pin-to-pin compatibility with the Micro and Nano Hornet modules ensures a seamless migration from GPS to GNSS and gives developers the ability to create new product offerings in the shortest time to market while minimizing costly design risks. Developers can simply connect it to a power source on a single layer PCB and be off and running.
Additionally, the Multi Micro Hornet module combines OriginGPS’ proprietary low-profile GPS+GLONASS antenna with a dual-stage LNA, RF LDO, SAW filter, TCXO, RTC crystal and RF shield with market-leading SiRFstarV™ GNSS SoC.
- For more information on the Multi Micro Hornet, click here.
- Review the GSA GNSS Market Report by clicking here.
- To find out where to buy OriginGPS’ GPS / GNSS solutions, click here.
- Follow OriginGPS on LinkedIn.
OriginGPS, Multi Micro Hornet, GPS Antenna Module, Wearables, Wearable Technology, Internet of Things, GPS, GLONASS, GNSS, Navigation
OriginGPS is a world-leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of miniaturized GNSS modules (“Spider” family), antenna modules (“Hornet” family) and antenna solutions. OriginGPS introduces unparalleled sensitivity and noise immunity by incorporating its proprietary Noise Free Zone technology for faster position fix and navigation stability even under challenging satellite signal conditions.