The market size for leather chemicals is forecast to reach US$8.7 billion by 2027, after growing at a CAGR of 5.8% during 2022-2027.
Leather chemicals are used for processing leather. These chemicals are used at different stages of leather processing such as cleaning, beam house, tanning and finishing, dyeing, and others. These chemicals help to enhance the water resistance, appearance, flexibility, or heat resistance of leather. The wet-end leather process includes beam house and tanning processes. Chromium sulfate is one of the commonly used leather chemicals during the tanning process. The increasing consumption of leather among various end-use industries such as footwear, apparel, automotive, and others is driving the market growth during the forecast period.
The changing lifestyle and growing spending levels of consumers in developing nations are the supporting factors driving the market growth. Leather is used for manufacturing luxury products and interiors. The growing adoption of high-end upholstery leather in luxury cars and growing sales of luxury cars are positively impacting the market growth between 2022-2027. Leather chemicals act as fundamental modifiers for providing color, texture, smoothness, and pattern to the final leather products. However, growing environmental concerns and increasing operational costs of leather products are likely to hamper the market growth during the forecast period.
The report covers an in-depth analysis of the following segments of the leather chemicals industry.
- By Form: Powder and liquid
- By Chemical Type: Biocides, Chromium sulfate, Surfactants, Degreasers, Swell regulating agents, Lime, Sodium sulfide, Sodium hydrosulphide, Caustic soda, Soda ash, Sodium formate, Ammonium sulphate, Ammonium chloride, Sodium metabisulphite, Sodium metabisulphite, and Others.
- By Application: Tanning & Dyeing, Beam House, Finishing, Pickling, Drying, Deliming and Bateing, and Others.
- By End-Use Industry: Footwear [Boots, Shoes, Sandals, Slipper, and Others], Furniture [Household Furniture, and Commercial Use Furniture], Automotive [Passenger Cars, Light Commercial Vehicles, Heavy Commercial Vehicles], Aerospace, Textile & Fashion [Apparel, Leather Products (Belts, Suitcases, Hand Bags, and Others)], Saddlery & harness, Marine, and Others.
- By Geography: North America (USA, Canada, and Mexico), Europe (UK, Germany, Italy, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, and New Zeeland, Indonesia, Taiwan, Malaysia, and Rest of APAC), South America (Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, and Rest of South America), and Rest of the World (Middle East and Africa).
- Asia Pacific is expected to register the highest CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period (2022-2027). Changing lifestyles, increasing consumer spending, emerging economies, and rapid population growth are the major factors driving the market growth.
- Leather processing is involved in several chemical reactions. The beam house process is the basic process. The chemicals used for the beam house process include cleaning chemicals and degreasing agents.
- The manufacturers are involved in developing advanced chemicals for the leather industry. Leather processing industries are looking for high-quality and environmentally friendly processing chemicals.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Leather Chemicals Market- Market Overview
2. Leather Chemicals Market - Executive Summary
- Key Trends by Form
- Key Trends by Chemical Type
- Key Trends by Application
- Key Trends by End-Use Industry
Key Trends by Geography
3. Leather Chemicals Market - Comparative analysis
- Market Share Analysis- Major Companies
- Product Benchmarking- Major Companies
- Top 5 Financials Analysis
- Patent Analysis- Major Companies
- Pricing Analysis
4. Leather Chemicals Market - Market Forces
- Market Drivers
- Market Constraints
- Porters Five Force Model
5. Leather Chemicals Market - Strategic Analysis
- Value/Supply Chain Analysis
- Opportunity Analysis
- Product/Market Life Cycle
- Distributor Analysis - Major Companies
6. Leather Chemicals Market - By Form (Market Size -$Million/Billion)
7. Leather Chemicals Market - By Chemical Type (Market Size -$Million/Billion)
- 7.3 Degreasers
- Chromium sulfate
- Swell Regulating Agents
- Sodium Sulfide
- Sodium Hydrosulphide
- Caustic Soda
- Soda Ash
- Sodium Formate
- Ammonium Sulphate
- Ammonium Chloride
- Sodium Metabisulphite
- Sodium Metabisulphite
8. Leather Chemicals Market - By Application (Market Size -$Million/Billion)
- Tanning & Dyeing
- Deliming and Bateing
9. Leather Chemicals Market - By End-use Industry (Market Size -$Million/Billion)
- Textile & Fashion
- Saddlery & harness
10. Leather Chemicals Market - By Geography (Market Size -$Million/Billion)
11. Leather Chemicals Market - Entropy
- New Product Launches
- M&As, Collaborations, JVs and Partnerships
12. Leather Chemicals Market Company Analysis - Business Overview, Product Portfolio, Financials, and Developments
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/39oyfg
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.