NEW YORK & LATHAM, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Empire BlueCross and Empire BlueCross BlueShield (Empire) announced today expanded access to health and wellness services offered through many of its 2022 Medicare Advantage plans. Members will be able to choose from a package of up to nine benefits, which may include benefits such as dental, vision, and hearing flex card; healthy food; and in-home support. These services aim to address drivers of health, such as food insecurity, home safety, and social isolation.
“These enhanced and new benefits are part of Empire’s approach of addressing whole health and its many drivers of health, helping our members be more proactive in their health,” said Raul Smith, President of Empire’s Medicare North/East Region. “We are committed to giving Medicare-eligible individuals access to innovative products and services that make it easier for them to improve their health and wellbeing.”
The Essential Extras package will give members the ability to choose, at no extra cost, one benefit available through the package to help meet their unique healthcare needs. The package may include the services listed below. Members should consult their Evidence of Coverage document to understand how many benefits they will be able to choose as well as benefit availability and details – as benefits may vary by plan.
- Flex Card (New in 2022): Members will be given up to $500 each plan year to purchase dental, vision, and hearing services and items – on top of what may be covered in their health plan. This gives them the ability to choose how to spend their annual allowance.
- Healthy Groceries Card (New in 2022): Each month, up to $50 is loaded on the Healthy Groceries Card. Eligible members will be able to use the card to purchase healthy groceries at participating stores, reducing their monthly out-of-pocket costs.
- In-Home Support (New in 2022): Up to 60 hours of a friendly, at-home technician who can assist with light housekeeping, errands, tech support, as well as companionship – making daily tasks easier and easing loneliness.
- Assistive Devices: Up to a $500 allowance for safety devices such as ADA toilet seats, shower stools, hand-held shower heads, and reaching devices.
- Health & Fitness Tracker: The member is provided a fitness tracker device as well as membership in programs to promote improved physical and mind fitness.
- Healthy Meals: 180 meals (2 meals per day for 90 days) delivered to the member’s home, based on qualifying clinical criteria.
- Personal Home Helper: For eligible members, up to 124 hours of an in-home personal care aide for assistance with activities of daily living such as dressing, grooming, and bathing.
- Pest Control: Quarterly preventive treatments to regulate or eliminate the intrusion of household pests that may impact a chronic condition, for eligible members.
- Transportation: Up to 60 one-way trips per year to health-related appointments or to obtain a service covered by the health plan.
Empire will offer its 2022 Medicare Advantage plans in 28 counties across New York.
Individuals who are interested in joining one of Empire Medicare Advantage plans can enroll during this year’s Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (AEP). The AEP begins October 15, 2021, and continues through December 7, 2021, and gives consumers enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B the opportunity to sign up for Empire 2022 Medicare Advantage plans.
For more details about these health plan benefits and Empire’s Medicare plans, consumers can call (855) 878-1107, which is available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, April 1 to Sept. 30; and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week, Oct. 1 to March 31. Individuals can also visit the company’s online store at https://shop.empireblue.com/medicare.
Empire BlueCross is an HMO plan with a Medicare contract. Empire BlueCross is an HMO DSNP plan with a Medicare contract and a coordination of benefits agreement with the New York State Department of Health. We do not discriminate, exclude people, or treat them differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in our health programs and activities. 注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電1-888-230-7338（TTY：711）。 ATENCIÓN: Si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-888-230-7338 (TTY: 711). This plan is available to anyone who has both Medical Assistance from the State and Medicare.
About Empire BlueCross and Empire BlueCross BlueShield
Empire BlueCross and Empire BlueCross BlueShield (Empire) is the trade name of Empire HealthChoice Assurance, Inc. and Empire BlueCross HMO is the trade name of Empire HealthChoice HMO, Inc. independent licensees of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, serving residents and businesses in the 28 eastern and southeastern counties of New York State. Additional information about Empire is available at www.empireblue.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/EmpireBCBS and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/EmpireBlueCrossBlueShield.