REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Presto, the leading provider of enterprise-grade touch, vision and voice restaurant technologies, today announced the launch of its next-generation platform, Presto Flex. The highly versatile, multi-purpose tablet, custom designed for the hospitality industry, can be deployed for a variety of restaurant dine-in and drive-thru applications including pay-at-table, staff handheld, kiosk, and drive-thru line buster. The new platform also integrates Presto’s contactless QR Code ordering and payment solution to offer restaurants complete front-of-house flexibility.
“The pandemic has introduced a lot of uncertainty for restaurant operators and the ongoing labor shortage is only making things worse,” said Rajat Suri, founder and CEO of Presto. “Presto Flex provides operators with an all-in-one solution to help scale operations and improve guest-to-staff ratio, while adding flexibility to deal with market uncertainties.”
Presto Flex is unique in the industry and includes many important features including:
- All-in-one Device - Same tablet can be used for a variety of applications such as order & pay at table, kiosk, server handheld, and drive-thru line busting.
- Next-gen Hardware - Built on blazing fast and extremely power efficient hardware.
- Large Battery Capacity - Two built-in batteries offer 3x battery capacity compared to standard tablets.
- Glare Resistant Screen - Glare resistant screen is ideal for drive-thru and other outdoor applications.
- Front & Rear Cameras - Two cameras enable easier coupon scanning and superior guest experience.
- WiFi & LTE Connectivity - Flexible wireless connectivity options for both indoor and outdoor use.
- All Weather Ruggedization - Ruggedized device that lasts longer, offers superior reliability and can be used in different weather conditions on outdoor patios or drive-thrus.
- Lightweight - Weighing significantly less than other tablets, Presto Flex can be carried around effortlessly all day.
- Voice-enabled - Powerful A.I. driven speech recognition allows automated voice ordering by both guests and staff.
“Point solutions are not the answer. With Presto Flex, we have integrated all the front-of-house technologies that an operator needs to drive efficiency, manage the labor shortage and grow,” added Mr. Suri. “It’s the most advanced system in the marketplace and will become a critical pillar of Presto’s comprehensive set of vision, voice, and touch solutions.”
Presto overlays next-gen digital solutions onto the physical world. Our enterprise-grade touch, vision, and voice technologies help hospitality businesses thrive while delighting guests. With over 100 million guests using Presto each month and 300,000 systems shipped, we are one of the largest technology providers in the industry. Founded at M.I.T. in 2008, Presto is headquartered in Silicon Valley, Calif., with customers including top 20 hospitality chains such as Applebee’s, Aramark, Chili’s Grill & Bar, Denny’s, and Outback Steakhouse.