DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "United Arab Emirate (UAE) Packaging Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The UAE packaging market was valued at USD 2813.5 million in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 6193.16 million at a CAGR of 4.6% during the forecast period of 2021 - 2026.
- Arabian Packaging Co. LLC
- RAK Packaging Company Limited
- Queenex Corrugated Carton Factory
- Falcon Pack
- World Pack Industries LLC
- Universal carton Industries LLC
- Express Pack Print
- Green Packaging Boxes IND.LLC.
- Tarboosh Packaging Co LLC
- Unipack Containers & Carton Products LLC
- Rotopack LLC (Indevco Group)
- Al Rumanah Packaging
- Al Salam Carton manufacturing LLC
Key Market Trends
Corrugated Boards to Execute a Significant Growth Rate Over the Forecast Period
- The reason for the accelerated growth of the corrugated packaging market in the United Arab Emirates is due to an increase in environmental awareness among populations, demand for sustainable packaging solutions, demand for convenient packaging (offset by new restrictions on single-use in some countries), growing e-commerce market, and rise in need for electronic goods and home and personal care products, along with economic development and increasing per capita income. In the December 2018 Paper Arabia trade show, 25% of visitors were interested in the corrugated packaging segment, which was the highest among all the segments.
- Furthermore, the rising penetration of the e-commerce sector in the country is paving the way for corrugated packaging. According to Visa, e-commerce transactions in the United Arab Emirates accounted for USD 16 billion in 2019. Also, the United Arab Emirates represents the biggest annual spending per online shopper at USD 1,648 in the MENA region.
- The use of mini-flute corrugated boxes in some end-user segment enabled corrugated boxes to expand their presence, such as cereal boxes and carryout food packaging. An additional factor that allows corrugated boxes to gain share from paperboard cartons is the introduction of e-commerce-ready packaging that substitutes lightweight and easy-to-open cartons for boxes that can withstand the rigors of shipping.
Food and Beverages Sector to Account for a Significant Demand
- According to Dubai Exports, the United Arab Emirates accounts for a large number of food and beverage manufacturing units, totaling around 575 units with a total investment of AED 39.5 billion. Products, such as vegetable oil, canned beans, carbonated and non-carbonated beverages, chicken franks, and reconstituted juices, are generally exported in rigid containers, which are in high demand from the country's food processing sector
- In most cases, these products are targeted for exports to the EU market. Hence, to meet stringent packaging regulations imposed by the EU, the local food processors and contract packaging companies have a high preference for rigid packaging solutions for such exports.
- Additionally, some locally produced foods are of very high quality at competitive prices. Over the forecast period, as the number of food processing companies is expected to increase, locally produced products are likely to compete with imports of consumer-ready foods, creating considerable demand for price in competitive packaging from the local food manufacturers.
- Further, the growing internet retailing and omnichannel vendors in the region are further expected to boost the production of food and beverage in the country. According to the recent statistics from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry, internet retailing in the country is growing rapidly. In 2018, the sector witnessed growth by 19%, reaching AED 360 million, representing a CAGR of 65% from 2013 to 2018.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
7 Regulatory Environment
8 MARKET DYNAMICS
8.1 Market Overview
8.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
8.3 Market Drivers
8.3.1 Growing Adoption of Light Weighting Materials and Scope for Printing Innovations Propelling the Growth in End-user Segments, such as Electronics and Personal Care
8.3.2 Strong Demand from the E-commerce Sector
8.4 Market Restraints
8.4.1 Concerns over Material Availability and Durability of Corrugated Board-based Products
9 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
9.1 (Supply Chain Scenario - Rise in Demand For E-commerce due to Restrictions over Offline Trade - Effect of End-user Performance Over Near and Medium-term Growth Forecasts - Company Developments)
10 UAE Packing Landscape
10.1 Current Market Scenario
10.2 Demand Analysis, By Type of Material
10.3 (Paperboard, Plastic, Glass, and Metal)
10.4 Demand Analysis, By End-user Industry
10.5 (Food, Beverage, Industrial, and Other End-user Industries)
11 MARKET SEGMENTATION
12 Import - Export analysis
12.1 Major Exporting Countries (2014 - 2019)
12.2 Major Exporting Countries (2014 - 2019)
13 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
14 FUTURE OF THE MARKET
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/8xl3q2