SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cloudinary, the media experience platform for many of the world’s top brands, today announced that one million developers have registered with Cloudinary. Built by developers for developers, Cloudinary has been committed to empowering its users with the tools they need to be successful from the start. This milestone reinforces Cloudinary’s continued mission to help users and companies of all sizes and industries harness the power of visual media to create more impactful stories and connections with their audiences.
Cloudinary’s developer community has grown exponentially over the past nine years, with users registered from 180 of the world’s 195 countries. This translates to more than 50 billion monthly assets under management, affirming the vision Cloudinary had for visual media when it launched in 2012. This ethos has led to a thriving global business with nearly 8,000 customers and a network of more than 100 partners, with a diverse and engaging developer community at its core.
To celebrate and extend its thanks, Cloudinary is giving back to the community through a series of initiatives, including:
- Financial donations to support diversity in tech and STEM: Cloudinary is making five $10,000 donations to organizations dedicated to ensuring diversity in tech and STEM fields including Black Girls Code, Girls Who Code, StartOut, TheOpenCode Foundation and The Knowledge House
- Transformation contest and giveaway: Winners of the transformation contest, launched today, will be awarded a variety of prizes with the first place winner taking home the ultimate software engineering workstation and laptop valued at $10,000 USD. Click here to learn more and enter.
“Cloudinary would not be where we are today without its incredible community of developers,” said Itai Lahan, Co-founder and CEO of Cloudinary. “Reaching a million developers is a huge milestone for us and we’re humbled to have so many developers trusting us. I would like to say thank you to everyone who has been part of our journey to this point, and I look forward to our ongoing engagement in our mission to help the world tap into the full power of visual media.”
Developer-first Initiatives to Fuel Innovation and Community
Cloudinary continues to invest in technologies and standards as part of its commitment to developer productivity and success including:
- More than 19 SDKs and libraries available for most popular frontend, backend and mobile programming languages; 15 built by Cloudinary and four built by the broader developer community
- Two consumer-grade tools including Responsive Image Breakpoint Generator and Webspeed Test Image Analysis, an easy-to-use website speed test image analysis tool
- Investment in ground-breaking work to help create and support new image and video standards, such as JPEG XL
- Automation brought about by AI-based algorithms in areas such as content-aware cropping, background removal, and more
Cloudinary’s developer community is also powered by a robust ecosystem which includes a number of integrations and partnerships with the technology and developer community including companies in the Jamstack, CDN and asset management markets. This ecosystem is in addition to a number of deeply engaged users including nearly 50 Media Developer Experts (MDEs) who are constantly sharing insight, expertise and best practices of using media technology in web and mobile apps. To learn more about Cloudinary’s Media Developer Expert Program visit cloudinary.com/mde and join the Media Developers Discord Community here.
To help its users attain a deeper understanding of all things visual media and maximize their investment in the Cloudinary platform, the Cloudinary Academy offers free and comprehensive training to help new and more experienced users acquire new skills, learn best practices, boost their productivity and ultimately expand their earning potential.
Cloudinary’s mission is to empower companies to deliver visual experiences that inspire and connect by unleashing the full potential of their media. With more than 50 billion assets under management and nearly 8,000 customers worldwide, Cloudinary is the industry standard for developers, creators and marketers looking to upload, store, transform, manage, and deliver images and videos online. As a result, leading brands like Atlassian, Bleacher Report, Bombas, Grubhub, Hinge, NBC, Mediavine, Peloton, Petco and Under Armour are seeing significant business value in using Cloudinary, including faster time to market, higher user satisfaction and increased engagement and conversions. For more information, visit www.cloudinary.com.