BATON ROUGE, La.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Notice is hereby given that a special meeting of the Board of Directors of Louisiana Achievement Charter Academies at 11 a.m. on Monday, May 24, 2021 by video/teleconference.
Pursuant to emergency proclamation 30 JCE 2020 and Act No. 302 of the 2020 Legislative Session, Louisiana Achievement Charter Academies, certifies that it must conduct the meeting scheduled for May 24, 2021 via video conference/conference call or the Board will otherwise be unable to operate due to quorum requirements. The meeting agenda is limited to one or more of the following:
Matters that are directly related to the charter school’s response to the disaster or emergency and are critical to the health, safety, or welfare of the public.
Matters that if they are delayed will cause curtailment of vital public services or severe economic dislocation and hardship.
Matters that are critical to continuation of the business of the charter school and that are not able to be postponed to a meeting held in accordance with the other provisions of this Chapter due to a legal requirement or other deadline that cannot be postponed or delayed by the public body.
Board meetings shall be held in this manner during the pendency of this emergency.
*A Public Budget Hearing will be held for Advantage Charter Academy and Willow Charter Academy at this Board meeting. A copy of the budgets for the schools will be available at the school offices.
To join the meeting by video:
Meeting ID: 850 0694 3659
To join via phone:
1) Dial: 1-646-876-9923
2) Enter Meeting ID: 850 0694 3659
Monday, May 24, 2021
Walter Morales, President
Anthony Jackson, Vice President
Tabitha Bell, Secretary
Alisa Ross, Director
Derrick Wesley, Director
Dione Davis, Director
Trayvean Scott, Director
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance at a public meeting of Louisiana Achievement Charter Academies, please contact Andrew Gayle at 616-260-7617 or by email email@example.com describing the assistance that is necessary.
**Public comments may be submitted electronically prior to or during the meeting to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CALL TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL
- PUBLIC COMMENT**
- APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA
- Principal Report
- Board Fund Report
- Third Quarter Financial Statements
- Board Disclosure Form
ANNUAL MEETING ACTION ITEMS
- Approval of the Election of Officers
- Appointment of the FOIA Officers
- Appointment of the Board Legal Counsel
- Appointment of the AHERA Contact
- Appointment of the Title VI, Title IX, and Section 504 Contact
- Open the Budget Hearing
- 2021-2022 Initial Budget Proposal Discussion
- Public Comment
- Close the Budget Hearing
- Approval of the April 26, 2021 Board Meeting Minutes
- Approval of the 2021-2022 Board Calendar
- Approval of the 2021-2022 School Calendar
- Reappointment of Derrick Wesley to Serve an Additional Board Term of Three Years to Expire in June of 2024
- Approval of the Iberia Bank Change of Signors
- BOARD DEVELOPMENT
- ETHICS TRAINING
- PUBLIC COMMENT ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS