DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Set-Top Box Market Forecast to 2027 - COVID-19 Impact and Global Analysis by Product and Content Quality [Standard Definition, High-Definition, and 4K], and Geography" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Stringent Government Initiatives for Mandating Digitalization of Cable TV to Escalate Global Set Top Box Market at a CAGR of 3.0%.
Set Top Box Market to reach US$ 19,548.7 million in 2019 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.0% during 2020-2027 to reach US$ 24,530.2 million by 2027.
Government regulations on mandating the installation of set top boxes (STBs), deployment of free OS-based devices by STB vendors, and analog switch-off transition in emerging countries are among the prime factors escalating the demand for STBs.
However, several drawbacks are associated with analogue systems; determining the number of households using cable services is difficult, and only local cable operators who also work as bill collection agents are aware of the actual figure. The broadcasters, first, transmit the signals via satellite.
The multi-system operators then download these signals into their devices. Multi-system providers are now transmitting these signals to local cable operators, and cable operators are eventually responsible for transferring these signals directly to consumers' home via a variety of channels using co-axial cables.
The inability of governments to monitor the exact number of consumers using cable TVs in home is the most significant drawback faced by current analog signals. In this case, digitization enables them to know the exact amount of cable consumption. To combat this limitation, emerging countries such as China and India have mandated the use of set top boxes for cable connection.
For example, through an amendment to the Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Act, the Government of India has made STBs compulsory since 2012. Owing to the use of digital signals, set top boxes offer a better viewing experience and help prevent broadcasting of illegal channels in India. Thus, the stringent government regulations across emerging countries for the digitalization of cable TVs are fuelling the growth of the set top box market.
The market for global set top box is concentrated with a few well-established players. Advanced Digital Broadcast SA; Altech UEC; Arris International Limited (Commscope); Coship (Shenzhen Cozhou Electronics Co., Ltd.); Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd; Humax Co., Ltd.; Kaonmedia Co., Ltd.; sagemcom, Skyworth; and Zinwell Corporation are among the players operating in the market.
Key Market Dynamics
- Technological Transformations in Set-Top Box
- Stringent Government Initiatives for Mandating Digitalization of Cable TV
- Escalating Demand for OTT Platforms
- Increasing Penetration of HD Channels and Growing Adoption of Satellite Cable and Smart TVs
- Integration of OTT Platforms with Set-Top Box
The report segments the global set top box market as follows:
Set Top Box Market, by Product
Set Top Box Market, by Content Quality
- Standard Definition
Set Top Box Market, by Geography
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
- South America
- Rest of South America
Reasons to Buy
- Highlights key business priorities in order to assist companies to realign their business strategies.
- The key findings and recommendations highlight crucial progressive industry trends in the set-top box market, thereby allowing players to develop effective long-term strategies.
- Develop/modify business expansion plans by using substantial growth offering developed and emerging markets.
- Scrutinize in-depth global market trends and outlook coupled with the factors driving the market, as well as those hindering it.
- Enhance the decision-making process by understanding the strategies that underpin commercial interest with respect to component, application and vertical.
- Advanced Digital Broadcast Sa
- Altech Uec
- Arris International Limited (Commscope)
- Coship (Shenzhen Cozhou Electronics Co., Ltd.)
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd
- Humax Co., Ltd.
- Kaonmedia Co., Ltd.
- Zinwell Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/41pyjs