DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Medical Device Cleaning Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Device (Semi-critical, Critical), by Technique (Sterilization, Disinfection), by EPA Classification (High, Intermediate Levels) and Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global medical device cleaning market size is expected to reach USD 38.42 billion by 2028 registering a CAGR of 10.2% over the forecast period.
The rising incidence of Hospital Acquired Infections (HAIs), the impact of the Covid-19 outbreak, and an increasing number of surgical procedures being performed are the key factors driving the global market.
Moreover, a rise in the number of government initiatives to ensure the highest level of infection prevention is expected to be a significant factor boosting the market growth. Government organizations across the globe are involved in issuing guidelines for spreading awareness about efficient infection prevention measures, which is expected to contribute to the growth of the overall market during the forecast period.
For instance, the WHO has issued guidelines for infection prevention and control of pandemic- and epidemic-prone acute respiratory diseases in healthcare. These guidelines span standard precautions, such as hand hygiene and usage of protective apparel for disinfection and sterilization.
Furthermore, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released guidelines for disinfection and sterilization for efficient usage of infection control products by healthcare personnel in a wide array of healthcare settings, such as ambulatory care, home care, hospitals, and others. Thus, the overall penetration rate of infection prevention & control products is expected to increase, which is anticipated to significantly boost the growth of the overall market.
Medical Device Cleaning Market Report Highlights
- The semi-critical segment held the largest revenue share of over 46% in 2020 and will grow further at a steady CAGR from 2021 to 2028 due to rising usage and the need for repeated sterilization.
- The disinfection technique segment led the market with a share of over 52% in 2020 and is expected to maintain the largest share throughout the forecast period.
- The introduction of novel and advanced disinfectants is likely to drive the growth of the disinfection technique segment.
- The high-level EPA classification segment is expected to register the highest CAGR of 11.09% during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the fastest-growing regional market during the forecast period.
- High demand for advanced medical equipment reprocessing equipment and materials owing to the increasing medical tourism sector in APAC is one of the primary factors responsible for regional market growth.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 Market Variables, Trends & Scope
Chapter 4 Market Definitions
Chapter 5 Industry Outlook
5.1 Market Variable Analysis
5.1.1 Growing incidence of hospital acquired infections
5.1.2 Rising number of government initiatives to curb infection
5.1.3 Increasing application of sterilization in pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry
5.2 Market Restraint Analysis
5.2.1 Shift toward the use of disposable medical devices
5.2.2 Safety concerns related to ethylene oxide sterilization
Chapter 6 Business Environment Analysis
6.1 SWOT Analysis; By factor (POLITICAL & LEGAL, economic and technological)
6.2 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
Chapter 7 Device Business Analysis
7.1 Medical Device Cleaning Market: Device Movement Analysis
Chapter 8 Technique Business Analysis
8.1 Medical Device Cleaning Market: Technique Movement Analysis
8.2.1 Cleaning market estimates and forecast, 2016-2028
188.8.131.52 Detergents market estimates and forecast, 2016-2028
8.3.1 Disinfection market estimates and forecast, 2016-2028
184.108.40.206 Chlorine and chlorine compounds
8.3.4 Ultraviolet Cleaning
8.3.5 Others Cleaning
8.4.1 Sterilization market estimates and forecast, 2016-2028
8.4.2 Heat Sterilization
8.4.3 Ethylene Dioxide Sterilization
8.4.4 Radiation Sterilization
Chapter 9 EPA Classification Business Analysis
9.1 Medical Device Cleaning Market: EPA Classification Movement Analysis
9.2 High Level
9.3 Intermediate Level
9.4 Low Level
Chapter 10 Regional Business Analysis
10.1 Medical Device Cleaning Market: Regional Movement Analysis
Chapter 11 Company Profiles
- Steris plc
- Getinge Group
- Advanced Sterilization Products
- The Ruhof Corporation
- Sklar Surgical Instruments
- Metrex Research, LLC.
- Sterigenics International LLC
- Oro Clean Chemie AG
- Cantel Medical Corporation
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/vcpoee