DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Rail Transport Global Market Report 2021: COVID-19 Impact and Recovery to 2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report provides the strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global rail transport market as it emerges from the COVID-19 shut down.
The global rail transport market is expected to grow from $468. 57 billion in 2020 to $519. 43 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10. 9%. The growth is mainly due to the companies rearranging their operations and recovering from the COVID-19 impact, which had earlier led to restrictive containment measures involving social distancing, remote working, and the closure of commercial activities that resulted in operational challenges. The market is expected to reach $658. 39 billion in 2025 at a CAGR of 6%.
- China Railway Corporation
- Russian Railways
- Indian Railways
- Deutsche Bahn AG
- Union Pacific Railroad
Reasons to Purchase
- Gain a truly global perspective with the most comprehensive report available on this market covering 50+ geographies.
- Understand how the market is being affected by the coronavirus and how it is likely to emerge and grow as the impact of the virus abates.
- Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
- Identify growth segments for investment.
- Outperform competitors using forecast data and the drivers and trends shaping the market.
- Understand customers based on the latest market research findings.
- Benchmark performance against key competitors.
- Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
- Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
The outbreak of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has acted as a massive restraint on the rail transportation market in 2020 as governments-imposed lockdowns and restricted the movement of people and goods to contain the transmission. COVID 19 is an infectious disease with flu-like symptoms including fever, cough, and difficulty in breathing. The virus was first identified in 2019 in Wuhan, Hubei province of the People's Republic of China and spread globally including Western Europe, North America and Asia. Steps by national governments to contain the transmission have resulted in a decline in economic activity with countries entering a state of 'lock down' and the outbreak is expected to continue to have a negative impact on businesses throughout 2020 and into 2021. However, it is expected that the rail transportation market will recover from the shock across the forecast period as it is a 'black swan' event and not related to ongoing or fundamental weaknesses in the market or the global economy.
The rail transportation services market growth is aided by stable economic growth forecasted in many developed and developing countries. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) predicts that the global GDP growth will be 3. 3% in 2020 and 3. 4% in 2021. Recovering commodity prices, after a significant decline in the historic period is further expected to aid the market growth. Developed economies are also expected to register stable growth during the forecast period. Additionally, emerging markets are expected to continue to grow slightly faster than the developed markets in the forecast period. Stable economic growth is expected to increase investments in end user markets, thereby driving the market during forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Report Structure
3. Rail Transport Market Characteristics
4. Rail Transport Market Product Analysis
5. Rail Transport Market Supply Chain
6. Rail Transport Market Customer Information
7. Rail Transport Market Trends and Strategies
8. Impact of COVID-19 on Rail Transport
9. Rail Transport Market Size and Growth
9.1. Market Size
9.2. Historic Market Growth, Value ($ Billion)
9.2.1. Drivers of the Market
9.2.2. Restraints on the Market
9.3. Forecast Market Growth, Value ($ Billion)
9.3.1. Drivers of the Market
9.3.2. Restraints on the Market
10. Rail Transport Market Regional Analysis
10.1. Global Rail Transport Market, 2020, by Region, Value ($ Billion)
10.2. Global Rail Transport Market, 2015-2020, 2020-2025F, 2030F, Historic and Forecast, by Region
10.3. Global Rail Transport Market, Growth and Market Share Comparison, by Region
11. Rail Transport Market Segmentation
11.1. Global Rail Transport Market, Segmentation by Type, Historic and Forecast
11.2. Global Rail Transport Market, Segmentation by Distance, Historic and Forecast
12. Rail Transport Market Segments
12.1. Global Passenger Rail Transport Market, Segmentation by Type, 2015-2020, 2020-2025F, 2030F, Value ($ Billion) - Medium-Distance Passenger Transport; Long-Distance Passenger Transport; Short-Distance Passenger Transport
12.2. Global Rail Freight Market, Segmentation by Type, 2015-2020, 2020-2025F, 2030F, Value ($ Billion) - Intermodals; Tank Wagons; Freight Cars
13. Rail Transport Market Metrics
13.1. Rail Transport Market Size, Percentage of GDP, 2015-2025, Global
13.2. Per Capita Average Rail Transport Market Expenditure, 2015-2025, Global
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ibaafb