DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Small Arms Market by End-use Sector (Defense, Civil, Commercial), Type (Pistol, Revolver, Rifle, Machine Gun, Shotgun), Caliber (5.56MM, 7.62MM, 9MM), Technology, Cutting Type, Firing Systems, Action and Region - Forecast to 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global small arms market is projected to grow from USD 8.6 billion in 2020 to USD 9.6 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 2.1% from 2020 to 2025.
Factors such as the changing nature of warfare, the militarization of police forces, the increasing incidence of drug trafficking, and terrorist activities, and the modernization of armed forces are driving factors assisting the growth of the small arms market.
The small arms market includes major players such as Smith & Wesson, Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc., Colt's Manufacturing LLC, Sig Saue, Steyr Arms, Remington Outdoor Co, Daniel Defense Inc., Israel Weapons Industry, Heckler & Koch, GLOCK, Kalashnikov Group, and Ceska Zbrojovka.
These players have spread their business across various countries includes North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, Africa, and Latin America. COVID-19 has affected the small arms market growth to some extent, and this varies from country to country. Industry experts believe that the pandemic has not affected the demand for small arms in defense applications.
5.56mm: The fastest-growing segment of the small arms market, by the caliber
Based on caliber, the 5.56mm caliber segment of the small arms market is projected to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth of the 5.56mm caliber segment can be attributed to increasing adoption of small arms chambered for 5.56mm. Changing focus from shoot to kill to shoot to injure by armed forces has resulted in the greater demand for this caliber. This cartridge has various military and civil designations and is the most preferred caliber for rifle ammunition globally. 5.56mm caliber ammunitions are commonly used in AR-style rifles, as well as AR-style handguns, which are widely available.
Rifles: The fastest-growing segment of the small arms market, by type
Based on type, the rifle segment is projected to grow at a highest CAGR in the small arms market from 2020 to 2025. Increase in the use of rifles by military forces and law enforcement agencies and civilian participation in rifle-based shooting sports across regions has led to a growth of this segment. In recent years, increased demand has been observed from armies across the world for sniper rifles, owing to the need for increased precision firing systems and the increasing number of covert operations which also assist the growth of the rifle segment in the small arms market.
Defense: The fastest-growing segment of the small arms market, by end-use sector
The defense segment of the small arms market has been classified into military and law enforcement. The growth of the defense segment of the small arms market can be attributed to the increased spending of countries on military modernization programs, as well as the rise in terrorist activities and civil disturbances in several parts of the world.
North America: The largest contributing region in the small arms market
North America showcases the highest demand potential for small arms, primarily due to the increased defense spending countries in the region, along with the rise in incidences of gun violence, which are driving both, law enforcement as well as civilian segments to procure small arms for counter-terrorism as well as self-defense applications, respectively.
- Change in Nature of Warfare
- Rise in Drug Trafficking Across the Globe
- Militarization of Police Forces
- Geopolitical Tensions, Territorial Conflicts, Terrorism, and Political Unrest in the Middle East and Asia-Pacific
- Rising Military Expenditure, Leading to Increased Arms Transfer
- Modernization Programs by Military Forces in Major Economies
- Increasing Civilian Use of Small Arms
- Varying Economic, Legal, and Political Regulations Affecting the Procurement of Small Arms
- Increased Sale of Small Arms for Self-Defense Applications in North America During COVID-19 Crisis
- Rising Investments in Development of New and Advanced Firearms
- Reduction in Weight of Small Arms
- Increasing Demand for Advanced Modern Sporting Rifles (MSR) for Civil and Commercial Applications in North America
- Proliferation of Illicit Small Arms Manufacturers
- International Measures Such as Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) to Control Use of Small Arms
Impact of COVID-19 on Small Arms Market
- Demand-Side Impact
- Supply-Side Impact
- Key Developments from January 2020 to May 2020
Ranges and Scenarios
Small Arms Ecosystem
- Prominent Companies
- Private and Small Enterprises
Value Chain Analysis
Trends/Disruption Impacting Customer's Business
- Revenue Shift and New Revenue Pockets for Small Arms Manufacturers
Use Case Analysis: Small Arms Market
- 300 Blackout Commercial-Grade Firearms Seeing Increased Adoption by Major Armed Forces
- Development of Superior 6.8MM Ammunition by Us Armed Forces to Replace Existing 5.56MM Ammunition
- Smith & Wesson
- Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
- Fabbrica D'armi Pietro Beretta S.p.A.
- Colt's Manufacturing Company LLC
- Herstal Group
- Sig Sauer
- Heckler & Koch GmbH
- Israel Weapons Industry (IWI)
- Freedom Group
- Glock Ges.m.b.H.
- Eeska Zbrojovka A.S.
- Kalashnikov Group
- Steyr Arms
- Accuracy International
- Carl Walther GmbH
- Daniel Defense Inc.
- O. F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc.
- Springfield Armory
- Taurus Armas S.A.
- Textron Inc.
- Zastava Arms
- Arsenal JSCO
- Brugger & Thomet (B&T) AG
- Benelli Armi S.p.A.
- Knights Armament Co.
- Lewis Machine & Tool Co.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/duhkng