ANAHEIM, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Zyxel Communications, an industry-leading provider of secure broadband networking, Internet access and connected home products, added a new broadband technology option for service providers with the launch of a new portfolio of 5G NR customer premise equipment (CPE). The new NR7201 5G NR Sub 6GHz Outdoor Router and NR5201 IDU 5G NR Sub 6GHz Indoor Router are easy-to-deploy and manage products that can open up new technology options for service providers to deliver gigabit broadband services.
The NR7201 5G NR Sub 6GHz Outdoor Router can be deployed outside and connected to a residential WiFi gateway via Ethernet cable. The NR7201, which supports 5G NR Sub-6GHz and 4G LTE, is housed in an IP68 enclosure with embedded high-gain antennas for deployment in harsh environments.
The NR5201 5G NR Sub 6GHz Indoor Router can be deployed inside homes with better 5G coverage. The NR5201 supports 5G NR Sub-6GHz and 4G LTE, and incorporates a WiFi 6 2x2 11ax access point to provide high-speed whole-home WiFi coverage.
Features and Benefits of the Zyxel 5G NR CPE:
- High-Speed 5G Broadband – 5G NR enables service providers to offer customers a future-proof, fixed wireless broadband option. Increased bandwidth accelerates internet speeds and reduces network latency for applications such as video conferencing, video streaming, online gaming, and smart home devices.
- Easy to Deploy – The outdoor NR7201 can be easily installed on a wall or pole and features integrated 802.3af/at PoE PD (power device) support for versatility in deployment. All Zyxel LTE solutions include several tools including a mobile app that helps service providers with installation and deployment.
- Remote Management – Both the NR7201 and NR5201 support TR-069 / TR-181 standard based remote management and service provisioning and TR-143 for speed testing. In addition, Zyxel offers the Band Pilot cloud-based management system for all fixed wireless CPE that enables remote troubleshooting and monitoring of online status of all devices, RF performance history tracking and remote firmware upgrades enabling operators to provide a reliable network and better experience for their customers.
A top tier service provider is already deploying Zyxel’s 5G NR products as they move to replace copper lines with fixed wireless access across their urban, suburban and rural service areas. The new fixed wireless access service, which was commercially launched this year and is planned for completion in 2022, utilizes the Zyxel indoor and outdoor routers in bridge mode to connect to the home gateways. In addition, Zyxel has added MQ Telemetry Transport (MQTT) support to TR-069 remote management for 5G NR CPE offering real-time data access for enhanced analytics.
“Service providers are continuously faced with the challenge of delivering state-of-the-art broadband technologies to support the growing array of advanced networked applications in the home with the need to grow their revenues and reduce operating expenses,” explained Brian Feng, Senior Vice President at Zyxel Communications. “Our new 5G NR solutions are ideal solutions that enable them to grow revenues by giving them the ability to deliver fast 5G speeds into homes in rural or remote areas. By providing the robust remote management capabilities, our solutions can allow quicker trouble resolution while reducing the need to roll trucks to customer sites.”
For more information about Zyxel and its portfolio of broadband wireless solutions for service providers, visit the new Zyxel Communications website and follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Zyxel Communications delivers technological innovations and has connected the world to the internet for more than 30 years. Whether establishing access through fixed or mobile broadband solutions, at Zyxel we offer a comprehensive and flexible portfolio of products that are right for worldwide leading service providers and their subscribers.
Zyxel is a global force in the telecommunications market with an unrivaled international presence that includes:
- 150 markets served
- Strong local presence throughout five continents
- 1 million businesses and homes working smarter with Zyxel solutions
- 100 million devices creating global connections