DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Plant Activators - Global Market Trajectory & Analytics" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global market for Plant Activators is projected to reach US$855.2 million by 2025, driven by the growing focus shed on plant immunity as the best strategy to increase yield productivity against the backdrop of the loss of arable land.
Declining agricultural productivity is the starting point for increased use of innovative plant growth promoters and activators. Loss of agricultural land is a major concern that directly impacts the ability to produce food needed to feed the growing human population. On an average over 3.5 million hectares of agricultural lands are lost per annum worldwide due to land destruction/pollution, soil degradation, soil erosion, and loss of fertility.
An additional 4.8 million hectares are lost due to land diversion for non-agricultural purposes such as urbanization, roads, industry, housing and infrastructure development. Highlighting the magnitude of land degradation and land conversion is the fact that in the United States alone over the last 35 to 40 years over 145 million hectares of agricultural land has been lost. While arable land use per capita is the prime reason for declining agricultural productivity the world over, several other factors are also responsible for decline in overall agricultural land productivity.
These include decreased varieties of crops produced, non-availability of high quality seeds, fertilizers and lack of proper irrigation, delayed sowing of crops, increased plant density aggravated by arable land shortage; ill-trained farm labor; wasteful irrigation methods; ill-managed water resources; lack of adoption of new technologies; lack of quality control of seeds; soil degradation caused by excessive use of chemical pesticides and fertilizers; among others.
While mechanization, which symbolizes industrialized agriculture, is one of the antidotes to the problem of low agricultural yields, also equally important is the use of crop/plant yield boosting technologies such as soil fertility enhancer chemicals, chemical fertilizers, organic plant growth enhancer, soil booster, multipurpose liquid tonic for all the crops and vegetables, plant immune boosters, among others. Receiving significant interest among these categories is Plant Activators.
Benefits of plant activators driving their adoption include induced resistance is the most optimum way to control crop diseases and improve yields; plant activators generate long?lasting resistance to pests and pathogens; activators enable rapid synthesis of toxic metabolites & defensive proteins when under attack from pathogens; plant activators are suitable for building defense against insect herbivores, biotrophic and necrotrophic pathogens.
Seed treatments with synthetic activators are now ready for commercial exploitation with research studies showing no noticeable retardation in growth. In addition, newer innovative plant activators with lower side-effects such as reduced growth and reproductive fitness is bringing in new revenue opportunities.
Few of the trends influencing growth in the market include growing popularity of biological plant activators; monocropping practices and its impact on plant health and quality predisposing it to diseases; aggravating impact of climate change and global warming on already rising food security concerns; legislations of regulations curbing excessive pesticide use and the ensuing focus on alternatives for yield management; demand for organic food, expansion in organic farmlands and increased demand for natural plant activators. Europe, Latin America and the U. S represent large markets worldwide with a combined share of 64.8%.
China ranks as the fastest growing market with an 8.8% CAGR over the analysis period supported by the country`s huge agricultural sector. With over 380 million farmers; with the world`s largest farm output; and with a 13% contribution to national GDP, agriculture in China is huge and evolving. Agricultural reforms in the country such as modern farming methods and use of scientific materials for yield improvement, are underway as the government seeks to boost its rural economy.
The scenario bodes well for the adoption of activators as the best management strategy to combat plant diseases.
Key Topics Covered:
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Plant Activators: Market Prospects and Outlook
- Biological Plant Activators Segment Drives Market Growth
- Fruits & Vegetables: The Largest Segment in Plant Activators Market
- Europe Leads the Plant Activators Market, High Growth Potential in Asian Economies
- Global Competitor Market Shares
- Plant Activators Competitor Market Share Scenario Worldwide (in %): 2019
- Impact of Covid-19 and a Looming Global Recession
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
- Alltech Crop Science
- BASF SE
- Certis USA LLC
- Eagle Plant Protect Pvt. Ltd.
- FUTURECO BIOSCIENCE S. A.
- Isagro SpA
- Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Nihon Nohyaku Co., Ltd.
- NutriAg Group Ltd.
- Plant Health Care, Inc.
- Syngenta AG
- UPL Limited.
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Rising Demand for Agricultural Commodities to Meet the Needs of Expanding Global Population Drives Demand for Plant Activators
- World Population (in Thousands) by Geographic Region for the Years 2018, 2025, 2040, 2050
- Food Demand Growth Worldwide - Demand Growth in Million Tonnes for Cereals and Sugar in Select Regions for the Period 2008-2017 and 2018-2027
- Shrinking Arable Land & Declining Agricultural Yields Drive the Importance of Plant Activators
- Loss of Arable Land & Decline in Yields Doubles Up the Pressure to Strengthen Plant Defenses Against Diseases: Global Availability of Arable Land in Hectares Per Person & as a % of Total Land Area for the Years 1990, 2000, 2018 and 2020
- As Monocropping Increases Pest Resistance and Raises Risk of Crop Diseases, Farmers Turn to Plant Activators for Improving Plant Health and Quality
- Monocropping Impacts Plant Health & Quality, Predisposing it to Diseases: Impact of Long-Term Coffee Monoculture on Plant Health in Terms of Root Dry Weight & Shoot Dry Weight (In Grams Per Plant)
- With Climate Change and Global Warming Anticipated to Lead to Increase in Pest Attacks, Need for Plant Activators Set to Grow
- Average Global Surface Temperature (In Degrees Fahrenheit) for the Years 1940, 2000 and 2020
- Rising Threat of Plant Diseases and Concerns over Associated Yield Losses Enhances Significance of Plant Activators
- Chronic Yield Losses Due to Plant Diseases & Their Dire Implications for Global Food Security Brings Plant Activators into the Spotlight for their Yield Boosting Benefits: Comparison of Yields With and Without Crop Protection
- Plant Activators Market Benefits from the Rising Demand for Crop Care and Protection Products
- Global Market for Crop Protection Chemicals: Revenues in US$ Billion for the Years 2018, 2020, 2022 and 2024
- Concerns over Adverse Effects of Excessive Pesticide Usage Turns Attention to Plant Activators
- Increasing Consumer Preference for Organic Foods and Vegan Diets: An Opportunity for Activators Market
- Global Organic Agricultural Land in Million Hectares for the Years 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2018
- Global Vegan Foods Market: Revenues in US$ Billion for the Years 2018, 2020, 2022 and 2024
- Innovations Spur Growth in the Plant Activators Market
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/m05f62