LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The global silicon on insulator (SOI) market size is expected to grow by USD 1.45 billion during 2020-2024. However, the market is expected to decelerate at a CAGR of almost 23% throughout the forecast period, according to the latest report by Technavio. The report offers an up-to-date analysis regarding the current market scenario, latest trends and drivers, and the overall market environment. The report also provides the market impact and new opportunities created due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Download a Free Sample of the Market Impact of COVID-19.
The growing need for low-power, low-cost semiconductor solutions is expected to drive the SOI market growth. The evolution of electronics is driving the development of smaller and more efficient chipsets and processors, which can offer greater performance in smaller die sizes. The growing demand for chipsets in low-power computing applications, such as battery-driven devices with limited power supply, has led to the adoption of SOI wafers in chipset manufacturing. The SOI technology offers several benefits over the traditional bulk CMOS technology, and such benefits help in driving down the cost of wafer fabrication and the power consumption of chipsets. SOI technology helps to reduce the die size, allowing more dies to be extracted from a single wafer, thereby reducing the manufacturing cost per chip.
- In 2019, the major silicon on insulator (SOI) market share came from the radio frequency-SOI (RF-SOI) segment. However, the FD-SOI segment is expected to witness the fastest growth during the next five years.
- APAC was the largest silicon on insulator (SOI) market in 2019, and the region will offer several growth opportunities to market vendors during the forecast period. This is attributed to factors such as the rise in the number of fabless companies and the growth of the electrical and electronics market.
- The global silicon on insulator (SOI) market is fragmented. Globalwafers Co Ltd., MagnaChip Semiconductor Corp., Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Qorvo Inc., Shanghai Simgui Technology Co. Ltd., Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd., Soitec SA, STMicroelectronics NV, SUMCO Corp., and Tower Semiconductor Ltd. are some of the major market participants. To help clients improve their market position, this silicon on insulator (SOI) market forecast report provides a detailed analysis of the market leaders.
- As the business impact of COVID-19 spreads, the global silicon on insulator (SOI) market 2020-2024 is expected to have neutral & at par growth. As the pandemic spreads in some regions and plateaus in other regions, we revaluate the impact on businesses and update our report forecasts.
Read the full report here: www.technavio.com/report/silicon-on-insulator-market-industry-analysis?
Growing Adoption of AR and VR Technologies will be a Key Market Trend
AR superimposes information, such as text or images, over the real-world view of an environment. VR allows users to experience a simulated world or environment. The commercial interest in these technologies has accelerated considerably in recent years, especially in the aerospace and defense, automotive, gaming, research, medicine and healthcare, and marketing applications. Companies such as Microsoft, Google, and Philips have been making significant investments in AR/VR technologies, expecting future growth. The development of AR/VR technologies is mainly focused on mobility and connected devices, and the key components of these devices include microprocessors, sensors, displays, and input devices. To keep up with the growing demand for AR/VR technologies, semiconductor manufacturers have started focusing on developing low-power processors and other components based on SOI technology.
Technavio’s sample reports are free of charge and contain multiple sections of the report, such as the market size and forecast, drivers, challenges, trends, and more. Request a free sample report
Silicon on Insulator (SOI) Market 2020-2024 : Key Highlights
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period 2020-2024
- Detailed information on factors that will assist silicon on insulator (SOI) market growth during the next five years
- Estimation of the silicon on insulator (SOI) market size and its contribution to the parent market
- Predictions on upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- The growth of the silicon on insulator (SOI) market
- Analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information on vendors
- Comprehensive details of factors that will challenge the growth of silicon on insulator (SOI) market vendors
Register for a free trial today and gain instant access to 17,000+ market research reports
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focuses on emerging market trends and provides actionable insights to help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions.
With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio’s report library consists of more than 17,000 reports and counting, covering 800 technologies, spanning across 50 countries. Their client base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio’s comprehensive coverage, extensive research, and actionable market insights to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.