DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Middle-East Wireline Services Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecasts (2020 - 2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The oil and gas well logging services market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.62% during the forecast period.
Factors, such as increasing demand for oil and natural gas and increasing investments in the upstream oil and gas sectors across the region, are expected to drive the number of exploration and production activities, thereby driving the wireline services market during the forecast period.
However, the crude oil prices have been highly volatile between 2019 and the start of 2020, fluctuating between USD 60 per barrel and USD 25 per barrel by the start of 2020. This volatility of oil prices remains a growing concern for the upstream industry. Hence, this is expected to hinder the market during the forecast period.
- Schlumberger Limited
- Halliburton Company
- Baker Hughes Company
- Expro Group
- ADES International
- OilServ FZCO
Key Market Trends
Offshore to Dominate the Market
- The offshore oil and gas drilling sector had been subdued in the past few years, mainly due to the crude oil price being lower than the breakeven price of several offshore oil and gas fields. As a result, the demand in the oil and gas wireline services market was negatively impacted.
- The Brent crude oil price started showing signs of improvement after mid-2016 and remained well above USD 60 per barrel throughout 2018. This, coupled with the cost reduction program of upstream oil and gas companies, resulted in gaining the confidence of investors for final investment decisions for projects, which got canceled during the low commodity price environment.
- For instance, in May 2019, Dana announced that it had commenced the drilling operations at its Merak-1 well, offshore Egypt, located in the North El Arish concession, also known as Block 6. This block is in the Eastern Mediterranean Basin, where other world-class giant natural gas discoveries have been made in recent years.
- However, on the flip side, in the early 2020, the oil prices got severely affected by the several OPEC deal cancellation and excessive crude oil and gas flow in the international market. Which is expected to slow down the investment in both offshore and onshore region.
Saudi Arabia to Dominate the Market
- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is one of the biggest global oil producers, with the production of 12.3 million barrels per day in 2018.
- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia holds the second-largest proven oil reserves in the world after Venezuela. Saudi Aramco, the country's largest oil and gas company, is continuously engaged in exploration and development, in order to compensate for declining fields elsewhere.
- The crude oil production rate has been consistent in Saudi Arabia, even during the distressful period in the industry, when crude oil prices plunged to a very low level in recent years.
- Further, oil and gas drilling activity in Saudi Arabia is anticipated to increase on account of government policy to drive the oil and gas production in the country. The policy to drive upstream activity will likely promulgate the oil and gas wireline services market in the near future.
- For instance, in February 2019, ADES International, an oil and gas drilling and production company, received two onshore drilling contracts in Saudi Arabia worth USD 150 million. Each secured contract has a tenure of seven years, with five fixed years and two years of optional terms.
Key Topics Covered:
2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4 MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, till 2025
4.3 Onshore and Offshore Active Rig Count and Forecast, till 2025
4.4 Major Upcoming Upstream Projects
4.5 Recent Trends and Developments
4.6 Government Policies and Regulations
4.7 Market Dynamics
4.8 Supply Chain Analysis
4.9 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION AND ANALYSIS (Qualitative Analysis)
5.2.1 Electric Line
5.2.2 Slick Line
5.3 Hole Type
5.3.1 Open Hole
5.3.2 Cased Hole
5.4.1 Saudi Arabia
5.4.3 United Arab Emirates
5.4.4 Rest of Middle-East
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/44j2yb.