SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Celebrity stylist Tara Swennen and Glamhive founder Stephanie Sprangers will once again bring together some of the biggest names from around the world in style, fashion, beauty and women’s empowerment for the Glamhive Digital Summer Bazaar—a groundbreaking digital event taking place this Saturday, July 11 th kicking off at 10:00 a.m. PDT.
During Glamhive’s first digital event, Glamhive LIVE Style Summit, audience members were asked to engage with panels through live, real-time question and answer sessions. The conversations ranged from intimate questions about how to break down gender barriers when starting a business to how to find ways to break in into business through marketing. Due to that event’s overwhelming success, Swennen and Sprangers decided to raise the bar for their next global event.
“The style, beauty, and designer communities are a close-knit one; many of us have worked together or known each other for years—and, this year has been a tough one. I’m thrilled by the opportunity to bring us all together and share our insights, experience, and advice with everyone who wants to be part of our community too,” said Tara Swennen, celebrity stylist. Swennen was inducted into the Costume Designers Guild, was named one of The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Most Powerful Stylists four years in a row and was awarded Best Vegan Fashion Stylist at the first Vegan Fashion Week. Her clients include Kristen Stewart, Matthew McConaughey, Lana Condor, and Allison Janney. She has worked on major campaigns with Chanel, Ralph Lauren, Neutrogena, E!, Target, and Netflix, and her work has appeared in Flaunt, InStyle, Nylon, Teen Vogue, Esquire UK, Maxim, and more.
The Glamhive Digital Summer Bazaar is touted as the world’s largest digital gathering of some of the greatest talents in the fashion, style and beauty industries, coming together for round table discussions with audience participation. The conference will feature three tracks, 32 panels, over 100 different speakers, and offer highly intensive “Master Classes” focused on specific topics with in-depth, intimate conversations with globally renowned experts.
“Glamhive’s vision is to make personal styling available to everyone, everywhere and our digital events are a wonderful extension of that. For the very first time, people who are fashion and beauty enthusiasts or work in the industry can learn from the best in the business,” said Stephanie Sprangers, Glamhive founder. Sprangers is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Glamhive, the online personal styling service that brings expert personal stylists and makeup artists—recruited directly from Hollywood and Instagram—to everyone. Glamhive has developed proprietary software that allows stylists to take clients through a styling experience that is 100% online, allowing people to work with stylists anywhere in the world.
Tickets to the conference are $99 for an all-day ticket and $149 for an all-day ticket + VIP Gift Box. Glamhive will donate 15 percent of all ticket sales to the NAACP. For a 25 percent discount on all-day tickets, use the promo code: GLAMHIVEGLOBAL.
Presenting sponsor for the Glamhive Digital Summer Bazaar is Mary Kay and its Mary Kay Global Design Studio. Other sponsors include 11 Honore, Michael Stars, and more.
Track 1: Personal Style
Personal style is about expression, communication, connection, and valuing yourself enough to reach your potential. In this track, personal style is as unique as you are.
- Every BODY is Welcome Here—Size Inclusive Dressing. Speakers include: Brooke Jaffe, Mary Katrantzou, Mary Alice Haney, Amber Tolliver, Amanda Lim, and Sarah Ahmed.
- Pivot to Success—A discussion of pivoting your company in times of change. Speakers include: Andrew Bevan, Ripley Rader, Cynthia Sakai, Emily P Wheeler, Victor Glemaud, and Suzanne Lerner.
- Glow Up: Express Yourself Through Hair and Makeup—Speakers include: Mark Townsend, Kira Nasrat, Mary Wiles, and Christine Symonds.
- Leading the Change—Female founder perspective on building a purpose-driven business. Speakers include: Rose Apodaca, Arianne Phillips, Carineh Martin, Jill Lincoln, Jordan Johnson, Camila Alves McConaughey, Adir Abergel, and Melisse Shaban.
- Routines and Rituals—A step by step guide to skincare and makeup. Speakers include: Kelly Atterton, Sarah Akram, Jamie Greenberg, and Tamah Krinsky.
- Shape Matters—A discussion on loving yourself and loving your shape. Speakers include: Simone Harouche, Jamie Mizrahi, Andrea Racey, Laurel Berman, and Christian Juul Nielsen.
- Stuart Weitzman— Stuart Weitzman—Maximize your look with accessories. Speakers include: Edmundo Castillo, Sharon Kanter, Kesha McLoud, Dani Michelle.
- Professional Style in the Age of Zoom—Speaker: Shaye Strager
Track 2: Business of Fashion
Innovation. Creativity. Sustainability. Diversity. The business of fashion is worth $2.5 trillion globally. Consumers, creatives, philanthropists, entrepreneurs and businesses need to have a stronger voice in shaping the industry for the better.
- The Future of Fashion—How innovations in tech will change the industry. Speakers include: Stephanie Sprangers, Andrew Bevan, David Schottenstein, Lindsay Albanese, Irina Sulemanovic, Alexandra Mandelkorn, and David Sheinkopf.
- Fashion in the Age of Globalization—Speakers include: Louise Roe, Aimee Croysdill and Elisa Nalin.
- Looking Forward, Acting Now—A conversation on sustainability. Speakers include: Marcy Medina , Evet Sanchez, Tara Swennen, Umberto De Marco, Jennifer Stucko, Vanessa Barboni Hallick, Saima Chowdhurry, and Samata.
- The Future We Choose-Representation in Fashion—The leaders we need when it comes to the progress of diversity in fashion. Speakers include: Booth Moore, Courtney Mays, Joan Reidy, Tracy Reese, Mecca Cox, Jeanne Yang, and Kibwe Chase Marshall
- The Conscientious Consumer—Shop from your heart and use your dollars to shape the marketplace. Speakers include: Booth Moore, Stefan Siegel, Sasha Skoda, and Dana Rebecca, Negar Ali Kline, and Chloe Gosselin.
- Stand Up, Stand Out, Stand Proud!—Speakers include: Scott Studenberg, Ruthie Davis, Kimberly Van Schoyck-Riojas, Rebecca Lay, Sam Ratelle, Christina Pacelli, Brett Heyman, and Nicolas Bru.
- Women in Fashion-Female Leadership—Speakers include: Melinda Maria, Dani Michelle, Lindsey Dupuis, Stephanie Walters Abramow, and Mollie Faithe Good.
- Makeup prep—Speaker include: Tracy O’Connor and Megumi Asai.
Track 3: The Beauty Biz
Personalized beauty is the new beauty and businesses are evolving on how to build a customized, unique business, product portfolio, and all areas of business to meet consumer demands.
- New Beauty: How Ethics Are Changing the Industry—Highlighting new innovations and how the future of beauty looks. Speakers include: Amy Nadine, Jill Crosby, and Frédéric Fekkai.
- All Hair is Good Hair—Breaking the beauty ideal. Speakers include: Saisha Beecham, Miles Jeffries, Marc Mena, Ken O’Rourke, and Ben Skervin.
- Filling the Void: Advocating for Inclusivity—A discussion of skin tone palettes, varying hair types, and what it means to the beauty industry. Speakers include: Riley Blanks, Amber Amos, Vincent Oquendo, Georgie Eisdell, Anastasia Stylianou, and Tasha Reiko Brown.
- Breaking into Beauty—Hear founders and leaders on how they carved out a piece of the pie for themselves. Speakers include: Camara Aunique, Etienne Ortega, Kelsey Deenihan, Allan Avendaño, and Tracey Cunningham.
- This Is Who I Am—Inner beauty vs. outer beauty: a discussion of what the idea truly means. Speakers include: Molly Stern, Joey Maalouf, Alexx Mayo, Pati Dubroff, Sheridan Ward, Anton Khachaturian, and Kara Yoshimoto Bua.
- Staying Safe: From Set to Salon—The new rules, from working on set, to getting a blow out at a salon. Speakers include Ted Gibson, Jason Backe, Laura Rugetti, Denis De Souza, and Mikey Koffman.
- Facing Change—How artists and leaders have pivoted to face the world head on. Speakers include: Marcy Medina, Beau Nelson, Africa Miranda, Tracy O’Connor, and Matthew Collins.
The Master Classes
This exclusive track is a wide spectrum ranging from creating your brand to building your business, focusing on insider information and breaking through any barrier to start, grow or expand your knowledge of fashion, beauty, and style.
- Here Comes the Bride—Panelists include: Micaela Erlanger, Mark Badgley & James Mishka.
- Paths to Success—Paving YOUR OWN way to becoming a stylist. Panelists include: Meg Chapman, Jordan LaValle, Shani Thomas, Shatora Adrell, and Tiffany Gifford.
- The ROI of Style—How standout personal style leads to confidence and life success. Speakers include: Andrew Weitz and Quentin Thrash
- Nubra Style Out—Featuring Jennifer Rade.
- Media Mastery Workshop—Learn how to develop a digital presence that gets you noticed and gets you paid. Featuring Africa Miranda.
- Creating Your Brand—How to create your brand, build an audience, and authentically express who you are. Featuring Carrie Colbert.
- Building Your Styling Business—Learn how to turn your current business into a profitable one. Featuring Sarah Cohen, founder of The Styling Advisory.
- The Essential “How to Guide” to Styling—Find your calling in the creative and styling field. Featuring Kesha McCloud.
Quotes from Speakers/Panelists
Pati Dubroff, Celebrity Makeup Artist
Dubroff is considered one of the most legendary and respected Hollywood makeup artists of all time.
“I am thrilled to join this very impressive lineup of the best of the best in the worlds of beauty, fashion and design as we band together to share and inspire. Although we need to be physically distant, we can keep our creative juices flowing and be together learning and growing with this awesome Glamhive community.”
Adir Abergel, Celebrity Hair Stylist
Abergel has created memorable hair looks for Hollywood’s most talented artists, including Gwyneth Paltrow, Anne Hathaway, Kristen Stewart, Jennifer Garner, Charlize Theron, and more.
“I am humbled to be included with so many smart and inspiring women that are leaders in our industry.”
Africa Miranda, TV Host | Author | Beautypreneur | Digital Media Personality | Founder of Beauty by Africa Miranda
A dynamic speaker, host, actress and spokesmodel, with distinctive style and quick wit, and the breakout star of Bravo TV’s “The New Atlanta.”
“If a creative in any field can maximize their digital presence, the sky is the limit. I’m honored and excited to partner with Glamhive as a speaker for the Digital Summer Bazaar. This will be a fantastic opportunity for stylists and fashion-lovers to expand their know how and build their brands.”
Mark Badgley, co-founder of Badgley Mischka
James Mischka, co-founder of Badgley Mischka
Badgley and Mischka have been hailed by Vogue as one of the “Top 10 American Designers” and as the darlings of the Hollywood set. The design duo has made their mark over the past two decades.
“We are thrilled to be a part of the GlamHive Live Digital Summer Bazaar,” said Mark Badgley. “To be able to chat with Micaela and share our insights and thoughts on all things Bridal will be a treat. We are excited to be connecting with such a great audience of fashion fans,” added James Mischka.
Glamhive was founded by entrepreneur Stephanie Sprangers in 2017 with the vision to democratize personal styling and the premise that the confidence that comes with glamour should not be exclusive to the rich and famous. The online styling experience offers anyone with a Wi-Fi connection access to stylists who will provide them with the support they need to be the best version of themselves. For stylists, it is a seamless end-to-end platform to help them grow their network and their business, 100% virtually.