CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ONCOLOGY® and CancerNetwork®, a multispecialty platform focused on bringing practical, peer-reviewed content that can affect how oncologists, oncology nurses and other relevant health care professionals treat their patients, are excited to announce the addition of six tumor chairs to the editorial advisory board.
“The ONCOLOGY® editorial advisory board consists of some of the most prominent and credible medical professionals across the nation,” said Mike Hennessy Jr., president and CEO of MJH Life Sciences™, parent company of ONCOLOGY®. “We are excited to welcome six new tumor chairs to the board, and we look forward to their innovative strategies and contributions to the publication to bring health care providers the most up-to-date and relevant information in cancer care.”
In tandem with the 10 current members of the editorial advisory board, the tumor chairs will play a vital role in directing the content of ONCOLOGY®. Through their expertise, the tumor chairs will guide the editorial team as they continue to deliver timely content to address the most pressing issues faced by medical oncologists and clinicians.
The ONCOLOGY® tumor chairs are:
- Breast cancer tumor chair: Sara A. Hurvitz, M.D., associate professor, medical oncologist, department of medicine, division of hematology and oncology, Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, UCLA Medical Center.
- Gastrointestinal cancer tumor chair: Tanios S. Bekaii-Saab, M.D., medical oncologist, department of oncology (medical); medical director, Cancer Clinical Research Office; vice chair, section chief, medical oncology, department of internal medicine; leader, Gastrointestinal Cancer Program; Mayo Clinic.
- Genitourinary cancer tumor chair: Robert A. Figlin, M.D., Steven Spielberg family chair, hematology/oncology director, professor of medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center.
- Head and neck tumor chair: Eric J. Sherman, M.D., medical oncologist, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
- Hematological malignancies tumor chair: C. Ola Landgren, M.D., Ph.D., myeloma service chief, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
- Lung cancer tumor chair: Joshua M. Bauml, M.D., assistant professor, division of hematology oncology, Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
“ONCOLOGY® and CancerNetwork® aim to educate health care providers on the multidisciplinary approach to cancer care,” said Kristie L. Kahl, editorial director of CancerNetwork®, the home of the journal ONCOLOGY®. “In tandem with that goal, we are thrilled to be working with so many high-level key opinion leaders specializing in various cancer types across the United States to serve as chairs on our editorial board.”
For more information about ONCOLOGY® and CancerNetwork®, click here.
About ONCOLOGY® and CancerNetwork®
ONCOLOGY® and CancerNetwork® provide insights from key opinion leaders in oncology, with articles, peer perspectives, videos, podcasts and interactive content that translate into clinical applications for today’s practicing oncologist. ONCOLOGY® and CancerNetwork® are brands of MJH Life Sciences™, the largest privately held, independent, full-service medical media company in North America dedicated to delivering trusted health care news across multiple channels.