DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Electrodeionization (EDI) Technology Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 - 2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global market for Electrodeionization (EDI) Technology is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 5% globally during the forecast period.
Major factors driving the market studied are increasing demand for ultrapure water in power generation and growing demand owing to its wide range of applications. On the flip side, the availability of alternate purification systems and unfavorable conditions arising due to the COVID-19 outbreak are hindering the growth of the market studied.
The global electrodeionization technology market is fragmented, with players accounting for a marginal share in the market. Some of the major companies include DuPont, SUEZ, Evoqua Water Technologies, Samco Technologies and Deionx.
- Increasing applications in the electronics & semiconductor segments are expected to drive the Electrodeionization (EDI) Technology market over the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific region represents the largest market and is also expected to be the fastest-growing market over the forecast period owing to the increasing consumption from countries such as China, India, and Japan.
Increasing Applications in Electronics and Semiconductors
- Electrodeionization (EDI) is an electrically-driven, chemical-free water treatment technology that uses electricity, ion exchange, and resin to remove ionized species from water.
- The process involves the combination of ion-exchange resins and ion-exchange membranes, which are used to move ionic impurities into a waste or concentrate water stream leaving purified product water.
- Semiconductor plants use ultra-pure water as a cleaning agent, so it is important that the water should not contain dissolved contaminants that can precipitate or particles that may lodge on circuits and cause microchip failures
- The semiconductor industry, one of the world's largest in terms of added value, is a business that demands the utmost purity of water. A single 8-inch silicon wafer, the basis for about 100 chips, can require up to 7,500 liters of water to produce among which about two-thirds has to be ultra-pure water.
- The Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA) announced that worldwide sales of semiconductors reached USD 36.6 billion for the month of October 2019, an increase of 2.9% from the sales witnessed in September 2019 (USD 35.6 billion).
- Hence, owing to the growing application of electrodeionization technology in semiconductor manufacturing especially in Asia-Pacific region, the demand for electrodeionization technology is expected to increase.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the World Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for Electrodeionization (EDI) technology during the forecast period. Due to the high demand application from countries like China, India, and Japan the market for Electrodeionization (EDI) technology has been increasing.
- The largest producers of Electrodeionization (EDI) systems are located in the Asia-Pacific region. Some of the leading companies in the production of Electrodeionization (EDI) systems are DuPont, SUEZ, Evoqua Water Technologies LLC, Samco Technologies, Inc and Guangzhou Aomi Water Purification System Manufacture Co., Ltd.
- Electrodeionization (EDI) technology also finds application in the pharmaceutical industry, reuse of residual water in the food and beverage industry and others.
- Chinese pharmaceutical industry which is valued at about ~USD 145 billion currently, represents the biggest emerging market with growth tipped to reach about ~USD 200 billion by 2022, thus increasing the scope of the market.
- Taiwan's semiconductor equipment purchase grew by 34% in 2019 reaching USD 3.9 billion making it one of the leading countries for the market in the region.
- The aforementioned factors, coupled with government support, are contributing to the increasing demand for electrodeionization technology market during the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand for Ultrapure Water in Power Generation
4.1.2 Growing Demand Owing to Its Wide Range of Applications
4.2.1 Availability of Alternate Purification Systems
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Power Generation
5.1.2 Electronics & Semiconductors
5.1.3 Food & Beverage
5.2.2 North America
5.2.4 South America
5.2.5 Middle-East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Applied Membranes, Inc.
6.4.2 Aqua Filsep Water Treatment Pvt. Ltd.
6.4.5 Elga Labwater (VWS Ltd.)
6.4.7 Evoqua Water Technologies LLC
6.4.8 Guangzhou Aomi Water Purification System Manufacture Co. Ltd.
6.4.9 Newterra Ltd.
6.4.10 Pure Watertech Pvt. Ltd.
6.4.11 Samco Technologies, Inc.
6.4.12 Snowpure, LLC
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/i7drgw