MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Datasite®, the leading SaaS-technology provider for the global M&A community, today introduced Datasite Prepare™, a new application that leverages artificial intelligence (AI) to help with the preparation of any transaction, including restructurings, divestitures and mergers and acquisitions (M&A).
Datasite Prepare helps M&A professionals accelerate deal preparation by intelligently structuring and organizing data. The application, which is powered by artificial intelligence (AI) and built on the Datasite platform, automates the time-consuming burden of identifying, categorizing and indexing all deal documents and artifacts. Dealmakers can also take advantage of an embedded automated redaction tool to accelerate the process of identifying, blocking and unblocking sensitive information to different parties as the deal progresses. And, once the deal room is prepared and ready to go, users can quickly start due diligence.
“You can’t predict the future, but you can prepare for it,” said Rusty Wiley, Chief Executive Officer of Datasite. “No matter what is happening in the market, with Datasite Prepare, M&A professionals can now be deal-ready quickly and efficiently. This is more important now than ever, given the risks posed by the COVID-19 crisis. The speed at which businesses are able to respond is critical to their ability to survive and thrive.”
Datasite Prepare is an integral piece of the company’s vision to apply advanced technology to every part of the M&A lifecycle, and arrives alongside additional enhancements to the company’s Datasite Diligence™ application, which has continued to help facilitate deals throughout a time when dealmakers are primarily working from home.
“We continue to listen to our customers’ needs, as well as adapt, and expand our wide-range of product offerings to deliver integrated M&A technology solutions that help dealmakers eliminate manual risks and inefficiencies,” said Thomas Fredell, Chief Product Officer of Datasite.
Some of the key new features and capabilities of Datasite Prepare and Datasite Diligence include:
- Smart Categorization: Users now can accelerate deal preparation with Datasite’s machine learning engine, which has been trained on over three million M&A specific documents. The tool automatically provides suggested categories for all documents loaded into the deal room.
- AI Indexing: This enhancement provides an easier and faster way for users to determine where documents belong in the index. Using optical character recognition (OCR) and Datasite’s AI, users can now see suggestions to which folder a deal document belongs, even if it’s located three levels deep.
- Document Preview: This feature allows users to simply hover over a document to get a preview of what the first page says. This tactic can help the user easily confirm where a document belongs within the deal room.
- Intelligent Redaction: Deal preparedness is incomplete without blocking sensitive information for compliance or competitive reasons. This new capability associates a reason to the redaction and applies the same business rule to other phrases or text areas. As the deal progresses, one-click un-redaction makes information available again.
- Integrated Collaboration: With this feature, external third parties can collaborate to improve disclosure quality, which can reduce the time it takes to complete due diligence.
To learn more about Datasite Prepare, please visit: www.datasite.com.
Datasite, formerly known as Merrill Corporation, is a leading SaaS provider for the M&A industry, empowering dealmakers around the world with the tools they need to succeed across the entire deal lifecycle. For more information, visit www.datasite.com.